Chapter 24: Solidification

When we got to the wedding hall, we were not surprised to find out that we were late. Of course, knowing our luck, there was lots of traffic, because somebody decided to take the 'quicker' route and get us stuck in traffic.

That was not fun.

When we got there, we basically sprinted into the building, seeing Isla pacing. Her eyes lit up when she saw us, but not in a good way, in the way where it looked like someone set fire to her eyes and she was going to kill us. "Where were you?" She all but screamed at us.

"Traffic" Eliza panted

I nodded, trying to catch my breath. Maybe I should go to gym. "We're so sorry" I apologised.

"It's fine." She replied "There's been a change of plans and I wanted all of you here before I said anything. What will happen is some of the bridesmaids and groomsmen will not be part of the walking down the aisle"

Eliza and I looked at each other in confusion, even Emma looked bewildered.

"I didn't take this into account during the rehearsals, and I completely forgot that there were groomsmen too" She looked entirely frustrated. Of course, only Isla would think like that, she has no regard for anyone but herself. "I'm really sorry, but you three can't be part of the walking down of the aisle" she said, turning to the other three bridesmaids, which I had not learned the names of.

Does that make me a bad person?

I turned to see them sigh, they all looked pretty upset but they didn't dare speak up against Isla, so they nodded and walked away.

"Anyway, with you three" she began, staring at Eliza, Emma and I "What will happen is that you guys will walk down the aisle with your boyfriends, and the groomsmen will walk down the aisle with their girlfriends. When you get  to the front, you stand where you were told to stand last week and the boys will stand near my fiancé" she instructed "You guys will go one by one and I will be walked down the aisle by dad, right at the end"

It was unusual, but of course, that was Isla. We all agreed, not willing to argue with her, and relieved that she didn't kick us out of the wedding altogether. The music then turned on and Isla looked extremely shocked before literally pushing the three of us so we got out and into the line.

When we got to where we were supposed to be standing, we noticed that the boys were already stood in the formation Isla told us to stand in. The rest of the girls went and stood next to their boyfriends, so I assumed that I should stand next to Levi. I joined him, he was second in lime after one of the groomsmen and his girlfriend.

When I saw him, I attempted to speak, but I couldn't because before I knew it the couple in front of us began walking.

"When do we walk?" I asked, only now realising that I hadn't asked before.

"Just as soon as they get to the front and disperse" He replied, bending down slightly to talk to me over the loud music.

"I'm wearing five inch heels and you still need to bend down to speak to me" I noted

He laughed "It's not my fault that you're tiny"

"Am not" I replied childishly

"Juliette how tall are you?" He smirked

"Shut up" I replied as he chuckled.

"You're really cute you know?" He asked

I didn't bother replying to him because as soon ash he finished that statement it was our turn to walk. I looked up at him as he held his arm out for me to hold. I placed my hand on his arm as he began walking.