Chapter 25: Abrasion

After a long and tedious day, the wedding was finally over, and whilst I thought that meant going home, apparently everybody else thought it was time for the after party. We all sat around a pretty huge table, and we were all pretty much starving, although there was literally no food in front of us. There were really pretty ceramic plates in front of us and really pretty tissues that were folded to look like swans but there was no fucking food.

"I'm pretty sure if you keep glaring at your plate like that it's going to break" Levi commented out of amusement from besides me.

"There's no food" I huffed, crossing my arms in front of me in a childish gesture.

"I'm also pretty sure you're going to have to wait a little bit. From what I have been told, there are going to be some toasts before anybody eats" he shrugged

"Well that should be fun" I replied sarcastically

"Any reason why you're in a bad mood?" He asked me, although he still looks pretty entertained.

"I'm fucking hungry" I replied in annoyance.

"Before anybody starts, I would like to say my best man speech before I back down" Said one of the groomsmen, whom I had assumed to be the best man, whilst standing up.

Everybody cheered, encouraging him to go on.

"There comes a time in everyone's life, when they meet their one true love" he began nervously, although everybody around him were cheering him on. "Their soulmate, the person that's gonna know and love them for the rest of their life. That moment came for Jacob, nineteen years ago when he met me" he ended as we all laughed when he had said that, expecting him to say something nice and sweet. Even Isla was laughing which was an extremely rare sight to see.

"I guess I should introduce myself" he continued "My name is Liam, Jacob's younger brother" he began but he stopped because he was laughing so hard. "Yesterday, he asked me to be his best man. Which is an honour for me, but it's mostly an honour for him because he's finally admitting to each and every one of you that I am the best" he paused, allowing everyone to laugh once again. "To everyone who doesn't know, me and Jacob were polar opposites when we were younger. He was the smart driven one, I was the funny goofball, he was athletic, I was and still am incredibly good looking" we all burst into laughter, even Isla seemed to have tears from laughing too hard.

"I met Isla a few years  ago when they both started dating. I walked home and I saw her sitting on my favourite couch. I then had to convince myself not to push her off it" he began, my face was honestly hurting from smiling too much. "My brother went up to his room for whatever reason, and my mom went into the kitchen to cook food because heaven forbid anybody leave her house with an empty stomach" he paused to chuckle "So of course, it was just us two, and me being a moody fifteen year old was not helpful for her. Although when she spoke to me my hate for her dissolved immediately. She was nice and understanding, and didn't compare me at all to my brother which I wasn't used to. I had never had a big sister before. That changed the day I met Isla" He continued.

A tear dropped down Isla's cheek although she was smiling.

"I know you guys will keep each other happy, but a toast to the happy couple" he said, we all raised our glasses, and whilst everyone else had alcohol in theirs, mine had lemonade.

Fucking pills.

The speeches continued, one after another and they were all pretty much equally hilarious. Even Emma had a pretty heart felt one which left both Isla and Emma in tears, they both got up and hugged each other, something I hadn't seen before and finally after an hour or so, we were able to get up and grab our food from the buffet.