Memory Loss Chapter 9

Chapter 9

As I'm turning my back towards Damen and walking towards the hospital, I feel someone grab hold of my hand. It was Damen; he was looking down at his hand and mine intertwined with quite the reddened cheeks from blushing. He's just standing there, so I step towards him to ask what's wrong. And that's when it happens, he quickly closes the small gap between us and puts both of his warm hands up to my face holding my cheeks, and he kisses me. At first it took me a little by surprise, but after a second, I close my eyes and lean into him wrapping my arms around him kissing him right back with the same intensity. Part of me was hoping that this would happen, especially after our wonderful day together and finding out a bit more of who I may have been before I woke up in the hospital.

It was the most amazing kiss ever. Not that I was counting or anything, but it lasted easily four minutes. The kiss was passionate, sweet, and intense all at the same time, I also never wanted it to end. I'm glad that my first kiss was with someone I trusted and cared for. I bet that if I had already had my first kiss with someone, that it wasn't anywhere near what I was feeling right now, I could barely even think after it was over. When the kiss ended, we stood there with our eyes closed and foreheads touching, both of us trying to slow our breathing. My heart was beating like I just ran a marathon that I was sure he could feel it if not even maybe hear it, but the longer he held me the more relaxed it went-the slower it went.

When my heart rate finally came back to the realm of a normal pace, I could feel his heartbeat with my hand on his chest. It felt like they were in sync with one another, and in that moment, I knew that this was right that the world planned for us to find each other. Still taking everything in I stood there hoping that he would be the one to break this silence that we have been in for what feels forever now.

"Bella?" He said my name nervously with his voice quivering ever so slightly. It looked like he had something he wanted to say but was having a hard time compiling it into a sentence. He kept tapping his foot and kept running his fingers through his hair. At this point I knew I have to talk to get him out of his own mind and continue with what ever he was going to say, before he decides otherwise.

"Yes Damen?" I said with a smile from ear to ear. I tried looking into his eyes, but he was hiding them from me, as if his knees would buckle if he looked me in the eye. He finally looked up and met my gaze and started to blush once again. After a couple seconds he finally spoke, "Uh- I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a wave over his head turning around as he walked away from me.

There is no way I'm letting him just kiss me and take off like that. So, I yelled at him "You promise!". He stopped as soon as I said that dead in his tracks and he turned around and looked me in the eyes and smiled that stunning yet mischievous smile that has me swooning for him all over again. "I promise."

I stood there and I watched him walk away while muttering to himself. As he was almost out of my range of vision, I see him kick a trash can and saying something up to the clouds angry, I was sadly too far to make out what he had said. Should I run after him and find out, or probably just wait until tomorrow when I get to see him next. And then I thought, what if I'm unable to see him tomorrow though? Afterall, I did leave the hospital grounds without anyone's permission and told no one where I was or for how long... what if they put me in some sort of solitude lock down or something? Or forbid him from seeing me.

Before I could ever think about it a second longer, just as he passed out of my sight, I ran at full speed towards him before he turned somewhere, and I lost him meaning having to wait until tomorrow to know what just happened. My shoe came undone and caused me to trip, so I quickly go to tie it when out of the corner of my eye a nurse popped her head out the front door of the hospital. They had an evil and pissed off sort of look on their face. Uh-oh I remember that face... It's the nurse from earlier that gave me my medication. Oh joy and trouble for me in 5-4-3-2 and ... "Where have you been little miss?" the nurse calls out as she walks towards me.

Crap if only I kept running and left my shoe to deal with later! "Uh I went outside for the day looking around to see if I could remember anything..." I did not dare look in her eyes, because I knew that even though I was really- and I mean extremely happy right now, I would of broke down crying saying how sorry I was for not telling anyone. Would they even let me leave the hospital by myself, or with someone to begin with?

As I walk towards the nurse and apologize for if I caused anyone any worry, I hang my head and head towards the hospital doors, and away from my awesome day with Damen. That's all my mind can think about. Damen... So much that I didn't notice that as I walked into the hospital and kept going, that I walked into a wall and fell on my butt, but nothing could dampen my mood. The nurse didn't ask any follow up questions on my explanation for where I had been all day. Only time will tell if I'm in any trouble, and if so... how much. They can't keep me from Damen though, could they?