Memory Loss Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The nurse helped me off the ground and pointed towards the elevator doors "Well back to your room before someone finds out that you were gone." She said in a hushed tone, so that the doctor or who ever walking past us didn't hear what she was saying.

"Wait so are you saying that no one noticed that I was gone?" I could not believe that not one person did not notice that I was gone. How can a hospital not realize a patient left the premises for most of the day? And not just any patient... but one without a memory of her past. We enter the elevator and the door closes; the nurse starts talking now that we are alone. "Well, I covered for you two times- but I'm glad you came back now, I don't know if I could any longer." She smiled a bit but tried to hide it.

"But why would you help me out and not tell them I left?" Who would do such a thing, especially a nurse? She could quite easily lose her job over this I'd imagine. What ever the reason, I was very thankful that she covered for me.

"Well-" Before she could finish her sentence the elevator doors opened to my floor and Doctor Tyler was outside of it, as if he was expecting us. "Well, I'll see you later for your medication. Sorry doctor that I'm a little late for the meeting. Was just coming back from a little walk with Bella here out front." Her voice was steady, not a waver to it. She was good at lying, and I'm not sure if that is a good thing, or bad thing. For now, it has been good for me, but now I know that I'll have to keep my eye on her. They took off the hall and I waited for them to go off and into a room before I started walking.

Being a curious person and still unsure of literally everything, I walked up to the door that they went into. There was a sign on it that read 'Warning Restricted area personal entrance only'. Hmmm I wonder what was in that room, I tried to carefully open the door, but it was locked. To the side of the door was a black box with a red light at the top. Must be a secure lock of some sort. As I started to walk away from the door, I hear a scream come through the door. It was extremely high pitched that it hurt my ears even through the heavy metal door. You could tell that the scream came from a girl but was hard to tell who it could be or how old they were. All I knew was that the only reason anyone would scream like that, is if they were in pain so unbearable that they'd rather die. I wish I could take the pain away from that person. The screaming continued and off when it stopped very suddenly halfway through a scream. Scared I turned away and ran back towards my room. What was happening behind those locked doors?

I've been back in my room for a couple hours now, and I still can't get that scream out of my head. It's been driving me insane trying to figure out 1. Who screamed like that? And 2. Why? Thinking back to earlier when I was going around the hospital, I remember that I haven't really seen a lot of patients or non-staff members around. I've seen some adults but not really any children other than the two I saw outside my window, and Damen of course. It was getting late, and Tyler came by my room to give me some supper and a paper cup with some pills in it. When I asked what they were all he did was shrug and say, "just vitamins and things to help you out now that you're up and active again." I nodded and said I would take them after I finished eating. He seemed pleased with this answer and left me alone in my room. The sun was setting, and the sky was a beautiful orangey red hue. It was breathtaking. When I finished my meal, a burger and salad, I set the tray on the bedside table and took the cup with the pills with me to the washroom along with my pajamas to get ready for bed.

Something was putting me off how Tyler shrugged and said they were just vitamins and such for my wellbeing. I decided to put them in some toilet paper, and to hide them under my mattress. I crumpled the paper cup and tossed it into the waste bin, brushing my teeth and my hair and went to bed.