Memory Loss Chaper 2

Chapter 2

So, after sitting in my bed for a while after the doctor left, well Tyler left my room, I decided it was about time to see exactly where I was. And hopefully start remembering things about who I am. Now that I'm better adjusted to the light and the brightness of everything, why not start with getting to look out the window. So, I got back out of my bed and walked towards the large window to the outside world. And let me tell you, it was beautiful. Especially compared to this plain room where everything sort of blended in with one another. Outside the window I discovered I had to be a couple floors high in the hospital. Down below there was a large area that had trees scattered around paths and flower beds. There were also a couple of kids running around and playing some sort of game, while I can assume their parent watched on from a bench under a shaded tree.

That's when I really started to think about everything. Did I ever get to be like that when I was younger? Did I have any friends? Any siblings? So many questions, with few to no answers. I looked on and watched the kids tag one another time and time again running around having a good time. I wonder what brought them to the hospital, and why they were just outside running around. After several minutes I'd seen all I could see and all that I could handle from my little depressing room. So, I decided it was time to leave and explore like Tyler suggested. I have no idea how long I have been cooped up in that bed, but my legs were a little stiff from lack of use so I watched as I took each step and went out into the hall.

And that was where I bumped face first into a unexpecting person and tumbled backwards onto the floor. Embarrassed I look up to see who it was that I just collided with. He was tall, and very good looking. It was a boy maybe around my age? Another thing I don't know to add to the list...how old am I? The boy has slightly shaggy black hair with these blue shimmering eyes that glistened even from just the horrible lighting in this place. One look at him and I felt like I knew him, that he seemed very familiar to me. His whole body looked like it was sculpted by a master of art. He was simply just breath taking. And not just because I fell on my ass. So far, he is the most stunning person, and thing that I have laid my eyes on since waking up here. Realizing I'm just sitting on the floor in a hospital gown starring back up at the guy I finally can speak. "I'm so sorry; I wasn't paying attention when I came out and went around the corner." I was flustered getting the sentence out. He reached his hand down and I took it and thanked him for helping me up off the floor. This has to be the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me... well it sort of is for now.

"No, it's ok I wasn't looking where I was going. It is equal blame on my part. I'm sorry that you fell. Are you okay?" I'm staring into his eyes again a little too long without answering when he clears his throat and alerts me that I've been starring, and that he noticed too. So, I look down at myself and pretend to dust myself off, real smooth Bella. "Yeah, I think I'm okay, nothing bruised but my ego." I let out a tiny nervous laugh. When I look back up, I realize I should probably introduce myself, so this wasn't as awkward as I was feeling right now. "I'm Bella by the way. So, you know who to blame when you go and tell this horrendous embarrassing story to your friends later." I stick out my hand and he takes it in his and smiles. "Nice to meet you, Bella. My name is Damen." Ok so that's good he doesn't seem to be mad at me. Thank goodness.

Then he takes a longer look at me and notices that I am in a hospital gown unlike him who looks completely normal, and attractive in black jeans and a simple t-shirt. "And what brings you into the hospital?" He asks and immediately follows up while looking nervous "that is if you don't mind my asking. Sorry." I wish I could give him a better answer, even if it was a lie... but I don't want to lie to him.

"Uh, I really don't know if I'm being honest." I'm fiddling with my fingers and shifting my feet around. "What do you mean you don't know why you're here?" He asks such a normal question and I have no answer to it. Do I just tell him I have no memory? No. You don't tell a stranger your very short life story when you've only been awake for under an hour. Especially if he asks any follow up questions you have nothing to offer him.

But before I could answer him, I hear Tyler calling my name from down the hall. Saved by the bell I suppose. I tell Damen goodbye and that it was nice to meet him. I even put in the maybe I'll see you around line and turn back to go into my room. Damen saw Tyler and took off in the opposite direction down the hall. Tyler ushered me into my room so that we could talk in private.

"Bella, if you don't mind, we would like to have someone talk to you to see if they can help you remember anything from your past," he begins to explain "Now I can't make any guarantees, but it is the best shot we have in figuring out more about you and your past. If you're okay with that I will call down and have them come up immediately to chat with you." I can hardly contain my excitement and joy, I burst out thanking him and saying yes as soon as possible you'd like to start. I was so happy when he asked me that, I felt like giving him a hug but that would be un-called for. He also finally gave me some information about myself and told me that they believe I'm around 16 years old. Wonderful now I have a time frame of just how many years I get to try and remember, fun times.