25

One Saturday later

Lauren

"So I'm not pregnant?" I questioned the doctor for the third time who had contacted me with my results.

"No ma'am just a mild case of upset stomach." He reassured. I knew it but I kind of fell down about the results.

"Well thank you for informing me have a blessed day" I nodded to myself cutting the conversation short so I could tell Ajayy the bitter sweet news.

"No problem you too." We ended.

I locked my phone placing it on the nightstand in our bedroom then joined Ajay in the living room on the couch.

We agreed to let Fat momma spend the weekend with her Nanna just as long as she doesn't bring around her "guy friend" as she calls him.

I'm happy that momma is dating again unlike her only son.

I curled up in Ajayy's lap as he intently watched the game without forgetting to hold my body close to his.

I contemplated on how to tell him what I just found out while I enjoyable  his body heat and slight massage from his finger tips.

Do I say that we're not having another baby in a excited tone or just say it the way I'm really feeling.

"I'm not pregnant." I mumbled into his chest. Tucking my head deep inside like I was ashamed.

"What?" He no longer was interested in the game.

I didn't say anything so he questioned me again before he used two fingers to force me to look at him.

"I'm not pregnant." I chocked looking into his eyes as a tear escaped my eyes easier than my words.

"Then why you crying?" He frowned innocently confused. "I thought you said you–we weren't ready for another baby." He added correcting himself.

I did confess to him that I didn't want another child when we discussed the possibility of me being pregnant but in some sense I did want to experience having another baby.

"I don't know what I want." I wiped my face. "I know we can't handle another child but I kind of wanted it." I expressed.

"I know baby." He took my left hand in his. "When the time comes for us to have another baby we will but for now we have to continue to learn how to love and raise the one we already have."

His statement was so true I didn't have to reply. I just rested my head on his chest and enjoyed the sound of him breathing.

--
I woke up to an empty house.

I roamed the hall longing for Ajayy and Addie.

The feeling of being alone has returned. I'm afraid that Ajayy is going to fall back into his habits of leaving us alone during night again.

I've noticed that he only does that when he is stressed and I feel like the pregnancy scare has something to do with it.

Since I know I won't be able to return to sleep without being in his arms I decided I'll wait up for him it's only one how long could he take?