2

Lauren

School was finally over.  One day down, plenty more to go. I left my last period class and rushed to my locker so I could put all my books and homework in my locker I'll get on it later.

I close my locker and wait by it for a little hoping I would run into Brea before I left but I didn't so I just headed out before I missed the next bus. I have to catch the MARTA bus to check out Addie out of school since my mom doesn't get off til way after the daycare closes.

I slowly eased my way out of the overly crowded school building, everyone walked liked they didn't have a purpose.

I managed to avoid Ajayy all day and that's probably cause he wasn't here he would come to school for a couple of hours then skip off campus for the rest of the day.

"Where you goin?" Jayy approached me as I made my way to the bus stop brushing past a few people. Just when I thought I was in the clear.

Majority of the students rode school buses home so they were gone. Only a few people who stayed after school lingered around.

"To the bus why?" I sped up.

I don't have time for him right now ever since my beautiful baby girl was born he made time for her only when he wanted to never when we needed him so I don't want him to try to make time now.

"I'm not gone chase you, so slow yo ass down." he demanded.

Him being able to put me in my place what attracted me to him in the first place but that shit ain't cute at all right now. So I stopped and turned around.

"I don't know who you think your talking to." I started pointing my hands in his face gaining the attention of a few people.

"Save all that fa' them pussy niggas you be fucking with." He nonchalantly brushed my hands out his face. "What you doing ridin' then bus for?"He frowned.

"It doesn't concern you." I folded my arms on my chest bring difficult. He hates when I shut him out and frankly right now I don't care.

"My child concerns me so I'mma' ask yo dumb a-" he stopped himself before his mouth got him in trouble. "I'mma ask you one more time" He glared down at me.

"My ma has to work and I don't have no other way to get Addie so I have to ride the bus." I explained.

His facial expression softened.

"Why yeen just tell me that?"I didn't want to tell him because when ever I show him I need him he just leaves.

"Cause whenever I show you I need you you leave." He knows its true.

"Man don't start with all that just let me take you to get my child Ion want her on no bus." he brushed me off. I didn't want Addie on a filthy bus either, but I had to do what I have to do.

As much as I wanted to say no the bus I was supposed to catch cruised by leaving me and a smile behind on Ajayy's face.  Now he was the only way to get my daughter on time.

I rolled my eyes I really don't want to ride with him He knew what he was doing the moment he stopped me. The bus doesn't run as often by our school so I had no other choice than to accept a ride from him.

-

Jayy pulled into my driveway and my mom still wasn't home she won't be home for another few ours neither will my sister because she stays in after school care until my mom picks her up.

Why don't I just go pick my sister up you wonder? Well Ever since I started seeing Ajayy my mom doesn't trust my sister around me if she isn't around. She thinks he's some big drug lord out to get us so I barely can be home unmonitored.