Chapter 2

Dan pov

   I bumped into a nerd from school on my way downtown. It was some kid I think I've had a few classes with in the past but wasn't entirely sure, as I hardly ever showed up.

     I continued making my way when I saw this club that looked pretty lit. You could hear hollers and cheers from inside. Score! It was likely a strip club.

    Having nothing better to do, I decided to walk into the club. And instantly was mesmerized by the sights I saw. There were these very tall looking women dancing in extravagant makeup and costumes. It took me a minute to realize this was a drag show. Why was I loving it?  No no get it out of your head. This stuff is wrong. At least that's what I was raised to believe. My parents are very conservative and strict on gender roles. Perhaps that's why I act so tough and 'manly', to please them.

        Phil's pov

    I couldn't believe I saw Dan Howell sitting in the audience. I mean, he's not the type of guy to go to something like this. But rather the guy that beats you up for being like or enjoying something like this.

     I told my signature jokes all the while my gaze remained pointed in his direction for most of the show. The crowd laughed and he even smirked. God, that smile was worth a thousand words. Don't think that way Phil. You already do drag. We don't need you to be gay too.

       I danced around and did my usual shimmies and walked out into the audience. I prayed that he didn't recognize me. Because if he did, I'm dead.

       After bidding the audience a thank you and farewell, I headed back stage to take off my makeup and clothes. Half way through taking off my face paint, I would have never thought I'd be looking straight at him. But here he is, back stage.  "I just wanted to tell you all you had a great show and I really enjoyed it." He said sheepishly. Was he being nice? The Dan Howell, nice? No it must be sarcasm. I turned my unmasked face to the side so he wouldn't see who I was. Maybe I had gotten away with it.