"Well me and my husband already talked about getting custody of him and his brother," Grandma spoke up. "We already have the paperwork filled out."

"Who is your husband?" the doctor asked.

"Me, Effrin McDonald."

The doctor smiled. "King? Is that you? I remember growing up wanting to be just like you," he chuckled before looking down at his doctor's lab coat. "But clearly that didn't happen. If you two have the paperwork with you then I can give it to the social worker since she's outside in the waiting room waiting to speak to the parents. What's your name ma'am?"

"Sincere McDonald."

"Alright, you and King can follow me out here to the social worker so you all can speak to her and three people can go in and see Theodore at a time. He'll be held down here for the next hour until visiting hours are over but then he'll be moved upstairs to the trauma unit. There's no telling if he's going to be in his own room or if he has to share a room. We're kind of limited on space. Which do you all prefer for him?"

"Can he share a room with me?" I spoke up.

The doctor scrunched up his face as he looked over at me. "Should you be in your room?"

"My nurse knows I'm down here. So, can he share a room with me? I don't mind."

"Alright What room are you in?"

"226."

"Okay. I'll speak with the nurses to get that arranged," he said as he, Grandma and Grandpa all walked out.

"So, who wants to see him first?" Charmaine asked. "'Cause I don't got time to be sitting around here all night. I had a date tonight."

"Well go back to your date. You heard the doctor, he's gonna be here for awhile so come back and see him tomorrow but we'll tell him you stopped by. He's fine Charmaine," Isaiah told her, making her smile.

"You're so sweet and smart baby daddy. I swear, I like you more than OG Effrin sometimes. You still got a girlfriend?" she asked as she threw her purse over her shoulder.

"Yeah," he laughed.

"Oh damn. Well expect me to chase after you...forever," she laughed, sounding like Cardi B from Love and Hip Hop. "I'll see y'all kids later but tell sexy T3 that Charmaine will always love him."

And with that, Charmaine was gone. The only people left in the room now were me, Aubrey, Isaiah, Jaz and Majesty. 

I stood up and held my hand out for Isaiah. "Come on Isaiah, we're going first and I need your help getting me there."

"I'll help you," Aubrey suggested.

Jaz smacked her lips. "Nah. You good."

Isaiah grabbed my hand and led me out of the room so we could see Theodore. I can't even lie and say I don't have butterflies in my stomach. I'm so nervous to see him and what he looks like right now. I just hope his body isn't too mutilated because I don't know if I'll be able to look at him with a straight face.

"Don't start crying when you see him," Isaiah warned me as if he was reading my mind. "There's no telling what he looks like but if he looks bad, he can't know. Just look at him like you normally do so he won't feel insecure or nothing. We gotta be strong for him since clearly all of our parents aren't. And don't say anything about Grandma and Grandpa trying to get custody of him and Daniel. That'll just make him mad and stress him out."

"So what do I talk about?"

He shrugged his shoulders as we approached Theodore's room. "I don't know, just follow my lead."