bonus: new addition

Start from the beginning

"Like what?"

"It doesn't need to be anything rigorous. What if you and Harry took a short walk after dinner? Do you have a dog you can take for a walk maybe? Even 15 minutes a day to start, just to get your body used to something," she states, shrugging and tapping something on the keyboard. "Other than that, there's nothing else I can offer."

"No dog. Is there maybe some other way I can do any physical activity? Maybe put my... urges to use?" I ask, making her chuckles loudly. Harry is pulled from his intense gaze and locks his eyes on mine, the jade becoming a brighter shade.

"Intercourse isn't typically recommended."

"Sorry, what?" Harry interrupts, looking over me at Erin. "Did you just say intercourse isn't okay while pregnant?"

Erin covers her mouth to hide a giggle while shaking her head, "Heavens no. Sex is completely normal during the pregnancy. It's actually encouraged."

"Thank God," I hear him mumble, causing me to burst out into a fit of giggles. He glances down in confusion, but I simply smile back at him. "Doc, when can we find out the gender?"

"Typically after 20 weeks."

"We've already talked about this Harry, we're not going to find out," I cut in, making Erin laugh.

"Yeah, because I already know it's a girl."

"So you look all good for now Charli. There's been a lot of growth with the baby lately, and it's looking great. I'll print off a few more pictures and you'll be able to go. We'll set up a 20 week appointment as well."

I nodded and hummed along with what she was saying. We figured it would be easier to set up for the same time for every appointment, so there was no real discussion there with Harry and I.

Shortly after, we were back in the car on our way home.

"What do you think about getting a dog?" I ask out of nowhere, making Harry's head whip towards me.

"A dog?" he asks, dumbfounded by my question.

I simply nod, "I think if we get a dog, it'll give me the exercise I need. I can take it for walks!"

"Baby, you get enough exercise," he winks, causing a loud groan to erupt from within me. He lets out a muffled laugh, before squeezing my knee. "I'm kidding. Why do you think you need to exercise? You're perfect the way you are."

"Dr. Webster said I should be exercising. It'll help with my breathing problems."

"We're gonna have a baby soon. Do you really think getting a dog is right?" he asks quietly, keeping his eyes locked on the road ahead. I nod, even though he can't see me.

"I do," I murmur, bringing my hands to remove his from my knee. I entwine our fingers and hold his hand in both of mine, watching his eyebrows crease and then smooth out. "It'll give us some practice before the real thing happens."

"I don't know," he mumbles, squeezing his hand around mine. "It's a lot of responsibility."

"So is a baby, but I think we'll be okay."

For the next few minutes, the car is silent as we drive home. We turn the corner on our street; he keeps driving, completely passing our flat.

"Where are you going? We passed our home," I say in shock, sitting up straighter and leaning towards him. He simply smirks, his left dimple slowly cratering deeper in his cheek. "Harold!"

"Charlotte!" he mocks me, and I'm quick to give him a gentle smack on his arm. "Relax. I'm taking you to the RSPCA around the corner. We'll check out what they have. I'm not guaranteeing you that we're getting anything, but I'll take you to look."