bonus: the honeymoon

• c h a r l i •

Twelve hours confined in a plane definitely isn't your ideal way to spend the day after you get married. But the moment I look out the window of the plane, the frustration of those thoughts are washed away at the sight of the shining metropolis below us.

Harry and I had spent the first six hours of the flight asleep, curled up in each other's arms, until a small patch of turbulence awoke me, sending me into a state of panic. I tried to tell myself that it's normal and most flights go through it, but my body seemed to be going down a different path.

Of course, Harry assured me that nothing would go wrong as long as he was there. He continually whispered things in my ear in an attempt to calm me down, but it only made me panic even more.

It was when he started singing the song to me that I began to relax.

So I rest my head against his chest and attempted to get a bit more sleep. My naps came in spurts of about 15-20 minutes at a time, and several times I had jumped up to use the bathroom due to my heightened senses and the motion sickness I was feeling.

"What do you want to do once we land?" I ask, turning to look at Harry. He was focusing on the game of Tetris he was playing on his phone, and didn't even flinch when I spoke. "Babe?"

"Hmm?" he tapped a couple more times before closing the game and looking up at me. "Sorry, love. What were you saying?"

"I just wanted to know what you wanted to do once we land."

"Whatever you want to do," he smiles widely, taking my hand in his and linking our fingers. "Maybe just check into a hotel first, and then we can figure it out?"

"Sounds good," I let out a content sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. I look down to our hands, watching Harry twist the two perfect rings on my finger. "They're truly beautiful, Harry."

"Not as beautiful as the woman who's wearing them," he flirts. "I'm so glad I have you in my life babe."

"I am as well. I can't believe we got married yesterday. Yesterday!" I repeat, still in a slight amount of shock that I'm married now. My stomach growling pulls me from my thoughts. "Babe?"

"What's up?" he asks, letting go of my hand to wrap his around my shoulder. I'm quickly picked up and Harry scoots over to the window seat, and I'm quickly seated on his lap.

"Once we check into the hotel, I need to eat," I giggle and bury my face in his chest.

"You're so cute baby," he whispers in my ear. "But I'm down for food. I wonder what good restaurants they have around here."

✖️✖️✖️

Twenty minutes later we touch down, and rush off the plane to go pick up our luggage. We had purchased bright coloured bags to make it easier to be spotted, and the second they popped out on the carousel, Harry picked them both up and we started walking, following signs that said exit.

We rented a car for the night, simply because it would be cheaper than to call a taxi to take us everywhere.

"Have you ever driven on this side of the road?" I ask Harry, who is perched in the drivers seat in the left side of the car. His knuckles are going white from holding onto the steering wheel so tightly.

"No, but I don't think it should be that different," he tries to assure me that everything will be okay, but the shaky tone he uses tells me otherwise. "We'll be okay, I think."

Ten minutes later we had checked into the cheapest available room, which had a king size bed and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. I pout at the realization that I wouldn't be able to use it.