36: when disaster strikes

*Charli POV*

"Hi, welcome to T. G. I. Friday's, how many?"

"Two," Harry mumbled.

"Right this way," the girl chirped, leading us into a two-person booth by the window.

"Thank you," I smiled up at her.

"Your server will be with you in a moment, here's your menus," the young girl placed the menus in front of us and walked away.

"So, did you have fun today?"

"Actually, yes," I blushed and looked out the window. "Thank you."

"Are you blushing? What's that for?" his voice held the slightest bit of humour in it. I kicked him under the table and he winced, "Ouch!"

"Hi, I'm Cate and I'll be your server tonight," a girls voice popped in, and I looked up at the girl. "Charli?"

"Cate!" I jumped up and gave her a hug. "I haven't seen you since before you went off to school! I didn't know you were back!"

"What do you mean went off? I'm going to school here in London," she looked confused and watched as I sat back down. "I'm going to the Uni of Arts."

"Brooke said you went to UCA in Epsom?"

"That was my plan, but then I got my acceptance here, and I just didn't want to leave," her smile never left her face. "Can I get you two something to drink?"

"Can I just get a water?" I asked, gaining a nod. She looked over to Harry, who was on his phone.

"Hey, loser," I called out. He looked up at me with confusion across his features. "What are you getting to drink?"

"Oh um, could I just get a glass of water please?"

Cate nodded and turned to walk away.

"Your phone must be interesting," I giggled.

"What? Oh, no. I didn't want to interrupt you two," he laughed softly, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Have you decided on what you're going to get yet?"

"No, but I know for the start I want mozzarella dippers."

"Now you're speaking my language."

"What? Wasn't I always?" I flipped the menu open and started looking through.

"No, I just meant- never mind," he let another laugh leave his mouth, and I looked up to see him roll his eyes. "Who was that?"

"Brooke's sister," I shrugged, looking back down at the menu. I skimmed over the options, not really seeing anything I was craving so I flipped the page.

"Wow. That was her sister? She looks different from the last time I saw her."

"My, my Mr. Styles, does someone have a crush?" I skimmed over the options and figured I'd just go with chicken fingers. I flipped the menu shut and sighed.

"What? No," I looked up to see him with a disgusted look across his face. "You're kidding me, right?"

"Harry, I was joking," I defended, huffing and looking back down at the closed menu, completely and utterly confused at what just happened.

"Hey you two," Cate's voice reappeared. She placed our glasses on the table and pulled out a booklet from her apron. "What can I get you two?"

"Yeah, can I get the Cajun Spiced Chicken Quesadilla?" Harry asked, gaining a nod from the brunette. He stood up and looked back at me for a second, "I'll be right back, I have to wee."