Gran and I returned home having our arms full with three brown paper bags each brimming with groceries and other eatables. It took us some time to set all the items in the kitchen. We had just got done with that when the doorbell rang.

"Break up with Luke already, dude!"

At the doorstep stood a girl who was looking at me with a lot of hope. She was wearing a tiered skirt of the lightest shade of brown with a black sleeveless top. She had brownish black hair that was slightly curly towards the tips and grey eyes.

She was Steffy.

My BFF.

"How about a No?" I responded, raising an eyebrow at her. "For once, you can stop saying that whenever we meet."

She gave me a look of displeasure. "And you can answer me with a Yes for once, babe," she drawled as she walked in with her well-toned legs on wedges.

"I know you hate him but I like him the way he is," I reasoned as I followed after her.

"He is someone you just can't approve of for your best friend!" she said in exasperation, plopping down onto the sofa. "He is the most popular and good-looking guy in school and, not to be rude or anything, no one gives a fuck whether you and I exist or no. I'm sure he asked you to be his girlfriend only because of some ridiculous bet. Don't let him break your heart."

"Guess who's reading too much of bad boy novels these days?" I said, narrowing my eyes. "Don't your words sound too cliché to happen for real?"

"Bitch please! Clichés are the real boss."

"Just in your head, bitch."

"Speaking of which, do you have any Ferrero Rochers left?" she asked out of the blue, looking at me with great expectations.

"Yeah I do," I smiled.

"Of course you do! You always have lots and my luck never ditches me," she grinned, shooting to her feet. "I should be in the kitchen robbing some."

I giggled as Stef headed towards the kitchen. I heard Gran and she exchange greetings before my friend was back in the living room with a chilled box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

"Though I robbed a whole box, I'd be able to eat just two of these, five tops," she mumbled, slumping again on the sofa, unwrapping one of the chocolates and tossing it into her mouth, "This tastes better than heaven," she nearly cried, savoring it, "You're so lucky that you eat boxes of them everyday and yet you somehow manage to have a Vogue model figure."

I smiled modestly, then randomly glanced sideways to see a cute guy with brown hair and twinkling brown eyes stood at the door with a goofy look on his face wearing black three-fourths and maroon hoodie.

"Hey Josh, what's up? Come on in!" I greeted him with a wide smile.

"Don't speak of the devil but the devil's here anyway," Stef muttered, loud enough for Josh to hear.

"No one asked you for your prejudiced opinions," he threw a scowl her way as he dropped down on the sofa across to me. He soon came to notice what she was feasting on. "I love free food! I want a Ferroro Rocher!" he exclaimed, reaching out to grab the box from the mini table but missed it.

"You ain't gonna have any from my box," frowned Stef, holding the box away from him, "Walk your lousy feet to the kitchen to get yourself chocolates."

"Your box? When did it become your box? She's such a blood sucker. How can you be friends with her?" Josh asked me, giving Stef a cold look.

"Woof woof goes the dog," sang Stef.

"Poor girl just can't accept she ain't good at bowling as me, " sneered Josh.