Boy/Friend? (Chap. 21)

Start from the beginning

“What’s wrong?” Dylan comes running out of the kitchen while pushing Spencer in front of him.

Angie looks in there direction and starts crying loud.

No no no no! Get away from me!” she says and starts moving her body to the side away from them. And me.

“Angie I’m here. I won’t let him hurt you,” I tell her trying to get closer to her.

She looks at me and starts crying. I don’t know what to do. She doesn’t stop crying and she doesn’t let me close to her.

“What did you do to her?” I say as I look at Spencer.

“Nothing I swear. I didn’t even touch her!” he yells at me.

“Get him out of here,” I tell Dylan and motion my head to the door.

“Okay. The ambulance is on there way.” Dylan says as I hear the sirens sounding closer.

Dylan leaves and drags Spencer. And I look at Angie. Her eyes are closed now. I go to her and shake her softly.

“Angie wake up,” I say then see the paramedics and the firefighters coming.

“What happened?” A paramedic says as the other two go to Angie and lift her gently onto a gurney.

“She fell from that window,” I say pointing to the window. “Something’s wrong. She didn’t want me near her,” I tell him,

“She was awake?” he asks. I nod and look at them as they strap her down and put an oxygen mask over her mouth.

“We need her name and contact information to reach her parent’s immediately.”

“Angelina Mathews. I’ll call them,” I tell them.

“And who are you?” the paramedic asks me.

“Her boyfriend,” I answer him.

“Okay we’re taking her to the hospital now. She’s bleeding a lot from the head. She still has a pulse. We need you to explain what exactly happened,” a different paramedic says as they wheel her out quickly to the front yard.

I run with them and see a police officer I know. He’s talking to Dylan and I see Spencer is on the back of the police car crying.

“Jeff tell my dad I’ll be at the hospital,” I tell him as I get on the ambulance car.

Jeff looks my way and nods.

The ambulance starts up the sirens and speeds away. I look at Angie and hold her hand while we’re on our way to the hospital.

“Is she going to be okay?” I ask the paramedics who are there with me.

They both look at each other. Then look at me.

“We need to see if her brain didn’t suffer anything from the fall and the cut she got is deep. But don’t worry. She looks like a strong one,” one of them answers.

They’re right. She is a strong one. I know she’s going to be okay. She has to be.

*****************

Hours later.

Right now I’m still at the hospital. I’m in Angie’s room with her parent’s. Her mom is sleeping on the small sofa with Mr. Mathews. I’m just sitting next to her bed holding her hand. I want to be here when she wakes but it feels like it’s forever until that happens.

When we got to the hospital hours earlier they took her immediately to be seen by a doctor. They took x-rays and open her brain to see if anything was wrong. Everything was okay except the cut she had. They stitched it up and said she got lucky. Not many live when falling of buildings or houses.