Boy/Friend? (Chap. 16)

Recap:

“Angie I really need to talk to you,” I hear Daniel say from behind me.

“Leave me the fuck alone!” I yell at him. I’m hurt, disappointed, sad, and most of all mad. I keep walking away fast then I hear words that I wish weren’t said making me stop.

“I have a son,” Daniel starts saying.

*****************

Chapter 16:

Angie’s P.O.V.

That can’t be true. He can’t have a son.

“I should have found a way yesterday to tell you but you didn’t answer your phone and I couldn’t go out unless it was with someone. I’m sorry Angie,” Daniel says to me.

I turn around and look at him. He looks sad but it doesn’t look like he’s lying.

“I need to be with my son Angie. I can’t leave him when I just found out I had one in the first place.” He has a son…

“Let me guess. He’s Pamela’s and you guys want to be together like a family,” I tell him.

“I just want my son but Pamela doesn’t want him to have parents who never tried to making it work. She’s also not letting me be with him unless me and her are together.”

“That’s stupid,” I tell him.

“It’s not stupid. He’s my son and you could understand me here a little,” he says to me rudely.

“How do you even know he’s yours?” I ask him.

He shakes his head and gives me this face like if he’s saying I can’t believe you just said that. “He’s my son Angie. I know he is.” he tells me.

“Well congrats Daniel Jackson! I wish you the best with your little family!” I tell him sarcastically and just walk away but then start running down the hall crying. I go outside and go to the football field and sit on the bleachers. Some people are around me looking at me like I’m a freak but I don’t care. I ignore them and just cry with my head in my hands.

When the bell rings to go to class I feel like leaving school since I have class with Daniel in the morning but I can’t ditch anymore. I wipe my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater and take my small mirror out of my bag and try to fix myself to look okay. I don’t want people thinking my life is over just because me and Daniel are over even though it feels like it is. I also don’t want them to think I care about him and his….son. As I walking back through the hallway doors I decide to ignore people’s stares and just walk to class. When I get in everyone is staring at me. I notice all the seats are full except the one next to Daniel of course. I see him and he doesn’t smile or anything.

“I’m surprised to see you,” Mr. Drew tells me.

I just sit down and look straight ahead. I tune everyone out and just listen to my civics teacher even though I’m bored out of mind. Then I see Daniel slip a paper in front of me. I ignore in and throw in the floor with my book.

“Angie talk to me,” Daniel whispers to me.

I raise my hand.

“Yes Ms. Mathews?” Mr. Drew asks.

“Daniel is bothering me,” I tell him.

“Is there a problem Mr. Jackson?” he says to Daniel.

“No. Just misunderstanding,” Daniels says annoyed. I just smile.

After that Daniel stops trying to talk to me and class actually goes by fast and before you know it school is over and I’m heading to detention.

“Well I never thought I’d see you here,” Ms. Carson our school P.E. teacher tells me. “I always thought you were one of the goods ones back in freshman year.”