Chapter 35

Violet POV

I felt a sudden pang of anger and love in my chest. I leaned against the wall as the impact had knocked the wind out of me. I stood clueless in the middle of a barren, marble passageway. Nothing sounded and I thought it was actually something that had manifested in my mind.

I proceeded on walking but I could still feel the anger surge inside of me. Was this what Ash was talking about? I wonder what has gotten him so livid. I tried using telepathy but could not get into his mind. I came upon a barricade of some sort; then grew self-conscious on how Ash had not shown me anything of the new mating process. 

I began searching hallway after hallway in hopes that I would run into him, or anyone familiar with the concept of mates. He was exactly on the opposite side of the castle when I finally found him walking very slowly with his mother. 

I approached them with a polite smile. I bowed my head and the queen took that as a sign to dismiss herself. I gave her an apologetic look and she brushed it off with a polite smile of her own. Ash kissed me on the forehead. It didn't feel as passionate as the other kisses, more like a quick peck out of habit. I pulled back and stared into his eyes. I searched his face, but he tried to block the emotions on his face. I stared emotionlessly at his hard eyes, although they gave him away. 

Rage filled them. I opened my mouth to question him but he shook his head. "Why didn't you tell me about your father?" His voice was like stone. Nobody could avoid him if he ever used that tone. He demanded the answer and would not back down. My eyes widened and I looked away. I could not look at this person, that I could not be familiarized with. He seemed so different. Everything about him, even his body language was rigid and on edge. I pulled out of his arms and took a step back. The blood drained from my face. 

Flashbacks of yelling then slapping and shoving filled my mind. I was stuck in a trance. I could not lift my gaze from the floor. I grew a sudden fascination as memories filled my mind. His hand lifted and shamed down on me with a smack. His firm hands gripped my arms and shoved me back against the kitchen counter. The aching feeling on my hip indicated a bruise surfacing. 

"Violet. Violet!" Ash was shaking me. I snapped out of the memory and blatantly stared back at him. I hadn't realized that tears were streaming down my cheeks until Ash wiped them away with the soft touch of his fingers and walked me to a chair. My form was shaking and his hands remained on my shoulders. Warmness emerged from them and spread throughout my body. 

He knelt down before me and wiped my tears again. "I felt your sadness and saw parts of your vision. I will make him pay, Violet. He will never get away with this. I will protect you and will never lay a hand like that on you." He pulled me in for a hug. I sobbed but nodded and thanked him. There should be nothing to fear now, I have Asher and I trust him. 

We spent the rest of the day on his balcony. The cool night breeze brushed against my face. The calm and peaceful nightlife led to the discussion of childhoods and hobbies. We had endless laughs. He really knew how to cheer me up and lift my spirit. 

We even talked about the future and how we dreamed of it. It resulted in the discovery of our similar dreams and desires, which was great since we would do everything together. "Forget about your bedroom, this is our bedroom now. Just you and me, baby." Ash whispered in my ear and tickled me. I let out a very weird and obnoxious giggle. He made a funny face and continued tickling me. 

He ended up chasing me around the castle. All the maids were laughing and shaking their heads at us. I ran into Caleb and used him as a shield. He stood between me and the tickle machine. Caleb figured what I was doing and shouted, "Oh hell no! I hate being tickled!" 

Ash and I stopped on our tracks. Let's tickle him. Ash winked at me then eyed Caleb. He bolted out the door to the garden. Ash and I used vampire speed and tackled him down. We were in a tangled and giggling mess. "Stop guys! Stop!" Caleb was laughing and squealing like a little girl. Ash and I soon gave in and laughed our asses off as well.

"You guys are awesome." I said. We lay on the grass and stared up at the stars in the darkness. 

A/N: 

Hey lovelies! I know that the story is slow, but I promise that I'll try to make the story more exciting with actions and all the works. (: Stay tuned for the upcoming chapters and love you all! 

-Kitty xoxo