Chapter 4

Asher POV

"Ash! I'm so glad to have found you. I've been looking everywhere, man!" A very out-of-breath Caleb huffed. I smiled back in apologies. "We have training in five minutes, and you know not to piss the king off." I nodded to his statement, but I could not leave this girl behind. I hope she hurries. I felt this luring emotion to stay and make sure that she is alright. I still worried for her. She was healing and  fragile.

I gave Caleb another apologetic look when he raised his eyebrow and make an exaggerated gesture by tapping his wrist with two fingers. Yes, I am aware that I am short on time. I paced and bit my bottom lip. Any second now.

Not too long after, she opened the door, and what can I say? She looked beautiful. Her dark hair was let loose into many waves. But those steel, gray eyes of hers just gave me a different feeling; one that I've never experienced before.

I smiled kindly at her. "Caleb, meet..." I trailed off when I don't even know her name. My eyes widened. Where were my manners? I felt like a terrible host already. She had not hesitated to reply with a color.  A warm smile formed on my face. Violet seemed like the perfect name to suit this girl. 

This fledgling proceeds to intrigue me. Don't develop any feelings for a fledgling, but something about her was alluring. I could not get enough of her. I needed more.

I finally looked up to meet weird stares from both Violet and Caleb. I cleared my throat. "Right. Okay. I will quickly show you to your room, Violet, and I apologize in advance as I would have to leave very soon for training." She gave a slight nod and followed closely behind as I guided her through the main hallway and up the main stairwell. Caleb trailed not too far behind as a reminder that I have training soon. I bit my lip again. I desired more time with her. My interests were increasingly growing.

"Here is my bedroom, if you have any concerns or questions." I pointed at two massive double doors. She nodded and I continued down the hallway.

We finally stopped at the end of the hallway. She opened her doors and let out a small gasp. She walked into the spacious room with an amazing view. From the look on her face, I could tell that she would settle down in no time, not unless she would be missing home. That's another thing that I didn't want to happen. There was nothing that I could do with her desires, but something at the back of my mind told me to keep her with me.

My jaw clenched. Asher, you heard mother. Nothing is to come between the two of you. It is forbidden. Nothing can happen.

Caleb and I dismissed ourselves and walked quickly to the training grounds. At least this would clear my mind. Father was not going to be happy, but I didn't care too much because I got to spend more precious time with Violet. Seeing her face as she walked through that bedroom was priceless and I wish to amaze her many more times.

"Asher, there you are. I have been trying to patiently wait for you, my son." Father said as soon as Caleb and I walked through the door. We bowed our heads and apologized. He chuckled and handed me a sword. "You are forgiven. I don't mind taking a break from beating you in our sword fights." Oh right. He has won every match since my training has started.

He seems to do it so effortlessly whereas I would be sweating and heaving like a stuffed pig after one game. 

"Ready." He announced to the entire battlefield. I got into position with the customized sword in my left hand. I adjusted my grip around the hilt. 

"Steady."  I took a deep breath and swung the sword around, in attempt to stretch some muscles. 

"Begin!" His voice boomed and the sound of swords clashing echoed throughout the garden. I growled and lunged at father. The guards then also began their next session of intense training.