Chapter 32

Violet POV

Impossible. How could Dad be an alpha? I slowly shook my head. They clearly have the wrong person. I only killed Anabella because Ash was going to die!

"Violet, this is true. You had the power and strength to defeat a vampire mixed with witchcraft. Nobody has ever killed a vampire with magic before." I sat in shock.

"No, this is impossible. My Father worked two jobs to support my Mom and I. After my Mom fell ill and passed away, he got violent and would beat me each day. Those are not actions of a leader and role model. He stood no chance at an alpha." I felt anger boil inside of me. That sorry-excuse of a Father could never lead a pack to save his life.

Thunder clashed outside the window. Winds picked up and blew against some shutters. The sudden eerie feeling made my body shiver even more. Gusts of wind blew through the vents which made a hollowing noise. It could barely be heard over the waves of rain that crashed against the glass panes. The majesties looked at each other in knowing, then at me in sympathy.

"Violet, please stop this storm." The queen said quietly. I sat taken back. How could I stop it if I had not even started it? I don't know how to control the weather! I was about to shout at them that, but the high winds and lightning stopped. What the actual fuck. How am I doing this? Why couldn't I do this before?

"You opened a new door of powers when you faced Anabella." They bowed their heads once more. "You will be the most powerful queen in the royal bloodline." I sighed and accepted the nonsense that they told me. I was too tired to oppose or discover what my other powers included. So I sat in my chair and fell asleep until a doctor woke me at dawn.

A slight tap on my shoulder startled me awake. "How is he, doctor?" I asked in anticipation and anxiety.

"His wounds are healing perfectly, but we have not yet discovered a cure for him." I looked down from her gaze. Think Violet, how can you get the cure? I replayed Anabella's last moments and she said that he has 48 hours. We need to find the cure soon before he dies. The doctor dismissed herself when I remained silent. I paced the room. An idea popped into my mind. I needed to find Caleb.

"Caleb!" I shouted down the hallway he was patrolling through. I ran up to him. "Caleb, I have an idea. How good are you with directions in these woods?"

He shrugged. "Depends", he replied with a raised eyebrow. I nodded. "Well then can you take me around and help me find a good witch? Someone who isn't associated with whatever Anabella was using. Maybe they can reverse the spell that Anabella put into Ash." I spoke with urgency. It might take forever finding a good witch. He hesitantly nodded. I sighed and hugged him.

We left shortly after with Caleb guiding the way. We rode on our horses for miles before coming up to a small wooden house. We watched the woman closely, until she got onto her broomstick and cackled away. We went on for a couple more miles and no good witch.

We stalked about five witches before coming up to a stop in front of a small log house. It looked really familiar. My thoughts were confirmed when the same old man walked out and chopped some firewood. I got off the horse almost immediately with Caleb following hot on my trail, and his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Excuse me." I said. The pudgy man turned around. A big smile lit on his face.

"Ah! I remember you. You were with his royal highness, the prince, one night." I nodded with a confirming smile. Caleb had the most confused look on his face. I brushed his expression aside.

"I need your help, sir. The prince has dark magic inside of him. I was hoping that you could help us." The man hesitated and nodded slowly.

"Beware, child. I have not practiced witchcraft in ages. If anything happens to him, then it is none of my responsibility." I agreed to it anyways since he was our only option in saving Ash.

Caleb gave up his horse for the old man and he followed behind using vampire speed. The horses thundered through the early morning woods. We needed to get back as soon as possible.

"Move aside! Move aside!" Caleb shouted through the bustle of maids and doctors in the infirmary. My heart crushed when Ash lay lifeless with black veins. It hurt me that I could not do anything.

The man approached Ash and bowed his head. "Your majesty", he whispered. He closed his eyes and pulled all the concentration he could get. Caleb and I closely watched him. He mumbled a chant and placed his hands on Ash's chest.

Caleb stepped forward cautiously and observed the old man carefully; meanwhile, I stood forth and held Ash's cold, paralyzed hand tightly. Tears slid down my cheeks. All I could ever ask for is to have Ash here with me.

The king and queen hustled into the room. They stood at the foot of the bed. Everyone was holding their breaths, including the senior man. He took a step back and gulped very loudly. My gaze moved back and forth between the man and Ash. I closed my eyes briefly and pleaded that everything be back to normal and that Ash would still remember me.

A/N: Please comment and vote! It gives me motivation to write more. As of now, I do not have any..haha..so please help support by commenting and voting. That would be great. Thanks.

-Kitty xoxo