Chapter 5

Violet POV

    I still could not believe that the prince and his family were generous enough to provide such a grand room for me. I could not thank him enough. I walked to the balcony and admired the forest around me. I breathed in the fresh air. Finally, some peace and quiet.

My eyes snapped open when I heard some metal clanging along with many men grunting and yelling. I turned a bit and saw a field full of men battling each other with great, majestic swords. The swords reflected against the sunlight with their every movement. More than half the group of men were naked. I blushed but stood still.

I watched in awe, until a particular fighter caught my attention. His strong stance and fast reflexes amused me. His entire black attire hugged his body perfectly. One swing after the other. His back muscles tightening with each movement. I leaned against the railing and rested my head in the hand. My head tilted as I observed him even more. He's dark and mysterious. The way he moves. His stance. Everything seemed intimidating.

I hadn't realized that the men stopped battling and that the training was over when I caught him looking up at me. He stood with a satisfied look on his face and waved, I waved back. I felt my cheek turning tomato red and quickly ducked into my room. That was an adorable Romeo and Juliet moment. I sighed and shook my head. Maybe he intentionally chose this room for me, so that he would catch me red-handed. What game is he playing at?

I made my way over to the oversized bed and practically drowned in it. Everything about it was so soft and comforting. My stomach rumbled in the silence. My fingers brushed against the flat surface, where my scar should be. My eyebrows furrowed but I dismissed the thought. Scars can heal.

Rolling my eyes, I got up and stepped out my room. Asher did not tell me where the kitchen was, but there was a smaller stairway across the hall. I curiously walked down and waltzed right into the servants' quarters. I ran into a woman who seemed to be in a rush.

I quickly apologized and she looked up at me in amazement. "Nobody has ever apologized to me, besides Prince Asher and his royal highness." She whispered. I had no idea what to say, so I simply nodded curtly.

It did not take much effort to say kind deeds anyway. She bustled past me and I walked to the other side of the room, where I met with the kitchen. I hoped nobody saw me snooping around. I opened the fridge and was met with all types of delicious looking juices. I picked up a random cup and smelt it. It smelled delicious.

One sip and that got me addicted. I could not get enough of this great drink! I needed more. I grabbed another cup from the fridge and gulped that one within seconds. I moaned in satisfaction. Nothing has ever felt more heart-warming than this.

I sensed my body feeling better and stronger. I straightened my stance immediately when there came a clearing of a throat from behind. I turned swiftly to meet the king, Asher and Caleb.

I kept the glass behind my back. I curtsied. "Apologies, your majesty." I started to walk out the room when the king chuckled. I stopped on my tracks and started laughing along. "Sorry, I was getting really hungry, then I saw some of this power juice and it tasted so good so I grabbed another. I hope you don't mind." I exclaimed, then bit my lip.

Asher chuckled a bit as well. He walked up to me and whispered, "That's not juice," before leaving the kitchen. Caleb followed suit with a smug look on his face. I frowned a bit. We're they mocking me? Surely they had to be. I was now alone with the king.

"Violet, darling, you are always welcome to help yourself in this castle. You are our guest and we want you to feel most comfortable when staying here." The king spoke. I nodded with a bright smile then pulled him in for a hug. He looked taken back with surprise, then hugged me back. I wish my Father was as kind as this wonderful gentleman.