Chapter 7

Violet POV

    I wanted to know what else lies around these castle grounds. I knew that it was late, but curiosity got to the best of me. My mind was still buzzing, of reality and Asher. Blast it. The king said that I was welcome to do anything.

I hope they don't mind me looking through their garden. I walked through the confusing hallways and finally managed to reach my destination.

The cool night breeze brushed against my face. I sighed to the refreshing air. I felt light and brushed my fingers against the soft flower petals. The beautiful flowers bloomed and flourished. The small water droplets reflected off the moonlight.

I scavenged for a pair of garden scissors and cut a few light pink mums, my favorite. I smiled when the smell of them reminded me of my mother. The way she always had a bouquet on the kitchen table. Her natural fragrance would always smell of the beautiful floral.

I wonder how home has been like without me. Maybe nothing has changed. The smile was replaced with something hard and unreadable, I made sure of that. I shrugged and traveled back into the castle.

I retraced my steps and just as I was about to reach my bedroom, a strong wall knocked the wind out of me.

"Are you alright, Violet?" Asher's voice asked. I could not see him but I could identify that voice from anywhere. I nodded even though I knew that it was too dark to see. Oh darn it! My flowers were spread all over the floor. I groaned and before I could pick up the first one, Asher held all of them in his hands. "Here you go." He gave me the bundle. "They look beautiful, do you have a vase for them?"

    "No, I do not." I replied slowly. How do you expect these flowers to live until the next morning when they don't even have water! Stupid me.

    "Hold still." He replied and disappeared around the corner. It took him about a minute to find a quaint vase for these little flowers. I thanked him and he awkwardly stood in the hallway. He even rubbed the back of his neck. "So..." He started.

"Would you like to come to my room?" I offered before giving a second thought. I bit my lip and blushed as soon as I said it. He nodded, much to my shock. A small smile sprouted on my face.

I placed the vase down on my nightstand and turned to face him. I smiled and shook my head a bit.

"You can come in you know. This is your place, after all." I told him. He stood nervously under the doorframe. He chuckled nervously and nodded. 'Right,' I heard him say quietly. "So..." I said mocking him.

"Sorry, you're probably tired. I should let you go rest." He began to walk out the room when a 'Wait!' chirped from me. I smiled and asked what kind of movie he liked.

I needed to help this guy out somehow. He seemed nervous and new at this whole flirting thing. "Whichever movie doesn't matter." He stated. I nodded and smiled. Well he is going to be surprised when I like action more than chick-flicks.

The look of shock and surprise made me laugh. His eyes flickered from the t.v. to me. His next move surprised me even more. He stood then turned the t.v. off. I proceeded to watch him closely. What was his next move? Maybe he didn't enjoy that movie.

"Tell me about yourself, Violet." He looked almost interested in hearing my life story, but honestly there was nothing to talk about. I sighed and shrugged.

"About what? My life is a cycle." I replied quickly while avoiding his eye contact. I felt his eyes burn into my soul, but I still didn't dare to look up. I stared at my fingernails and fiddled with them a bit. Where do I even start? Could I trust him? My life was a mess.