Chapter 6

Asher POV

    "Violet and Asher sitting in a tree. K-I-S..." Caleb chanted down the hallway. I quickly jabbed him in the ribs. He was really irritating me. He raised his hands up in surrender. "Okay man. Okay. Jeez I was only joking." He paused. "But then again, you wouldn't have poked my rib if you didn't care." He wiggled his eyebrows.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I was already agitated after being beaten by father and I definitely did not need this now. I ignored everything else he said afterwards. I needed to take a cold shower and take Aidan out for a walk around the garden.

That refreshing shower soothed the soreness in my muscles. I changed into a simple black tee and some dark-washed jeans. I could not wait to spend the rest of my afternoon with my little brother. I miss him dearly.

Aidan jumped out the door when he saw me approaching. I held his hand as we walked through the hallways to the back garden. "How has your day been?" I asked him. He gave me a beautiful smile.

"Really great. I got to play car and airplane all day." He replied. I smiled back then to myself.

My day has been ecstatic; spending a few moments with Violet was great, and of course, spending time with my best friend was a blast, even when he teased me.

Aidan and I played ball for about an hour before a nanny came out and called us in for supper. "The king and queen will not be dining with you two tonight." She informed us. I heard Aidan groan softly as I carried him inside.

I did not mind that, knowing that I will still have dinner with Aidan. I did not desire to see mother after our last encounter, knowing that she'll lecture me once again.

We usually ate sandwiches in his dark blue-colored bedroom, then spent more time together either watching a movie or roleplaying.

There was a tray of peanut butter sandwiches laying on his bed when we arrived. We bide the nanny goodnight and scrambled towards that tray after she left.

"Yum." His little mouth muttered with it full of peanut butter. I chuckled a bit. We cuddled together for a movie. He soon fell asleep, so I lifted him up on his bed. "Goodnight, sweet Aidan." I kissed his forehead and left the room quietly.

While walking briskly to my room, my mind wandered to Violet. It was my responsibility to make sure that she recovered and was taken care of, but I wondered about her home and family. Would they be worried of her absence? I could not imagine how worried I would be if Aidan never showed at home. I bit my lips and planned to knock on her door. I needed to know what she intended to do next. 

I turned the corner and collided with a smaller person. Flowers were flung at my face.

A/N: Hello hello kittens! Please don't forget to comment and vote! I am editing each chapter and hoping to make them better! Have a nice day and I'll see you later. :)

~Kitty xoxo