"Just Friends"

Alyssa's POV

"IT IS SO YOU BIG DUMMY!" I'm practically yelling at the top of my lungs down in the lobby with the gang.

"No, it's not Lyss," he said with a grimaced look on his face.

"The Voice is so much better!"

"It is not!!" He replied quicky, "the X Factor is where it's at and you can put that in your cereal." Oh my god I swear I'm going to kill him. He thinks the X Factor is better than the Voice. He might at well just say he still watches American Idol. "Ugh, you guys sound like an old married couple with all this arguing," Cody laughed as he sat down at the table with his pancakes.

"Okay Cody, will you please explain to this ignoramus that the X Factor is in fact better than the Voice ," he said while he stuffed some hash browns in his mouth.

"And Cody, would you please tell this neanderthal that the Voice is and always will be better than the X Factor."

"Ooh big word... for someone who's in denial," he smirked while eating his breakfast. I rolled my eyes and sipped on my apple juice. Kayla began to walk over and she did not look happy. "Awe babe what's wrong?" Jesse asked.

"They ran out of yogurt," I don't think I've ever seen her not yell at him about anything. But after she said that, everyone was burst into laughter at the table. "You guys it's not funny," she barely raised her voice.

"Guys come one, we need to help Kalya and her..... dairy dilemma." They began to laugh even harder. Kayla shot me a glare.

"Babe it's okay, we can help you with your cow conundrum," Jesse said and the whole table was practically crying.

"Your milk mishap-"

"Is that the WHOLE problem?"

"Or are you just giving us 2%?"

Kayla got up once she saw that we were going to keep going; it was really funny. When we began to leave for wherever, Jesse came up and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Movie night in my room tonight, yeah?" He whispered in my ear before walking away to Kayla.  All of that in one movement sent shivers down my spine. I really need to find Justin; I haven't seen him lately.

"Holy fuck," Cody said coming up behind me and nudged my shoulder.

"What?"

"Flushed skin, dilated pupils...Lyss you got it bad," he said as he was putting the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Cody, what are you talking about?"

"I don't know, maybe it's the fact that you're in love with my bestfriend," Cody said.

"M-me, in love... w-with Jesse, of all people.. whatever."

Jesse's POV

I'm thinking that and are better off friends. We don't even have anything in common. I think she's only person that I'd rather not date. Her family and my family are friends. So it's kind oflike I'm dating a relative. I turn around to see Cody talking to Alyssa. Was he really trying to get with her? I mean it's whatever right now but not for long. This trip is coming to a close, and if I don't do anything now, nothing will ever. Then I get a text... interesting it's from Kayla.

K: What did you want yesterday?

I turned to her, sat her down, and told her everything.

Alyssa's POV

After breakfast, we went back to the beach and had a chill day. And then i felt a pair of hands on my waist, and instantly I thought it was Jesse.

"Hey, you wanna get out out of here?" It was Justin. I was actually relieved it wasn't Jesse.  We started walking, and it was really awkward. He stopped and turned to me.

"What's wrong?"

"It's this- us," he points in between us, "Lyss you were, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me, but I don't think that we are fit for each other."

I walked with him into this café, and we sat down. "I've been feeling awful and to think I thought-"

I couldn't really look at him. I cried. "So that's it, you're breaking up with me?"

He sighs. Walks over to face me and kneels down. "Lyss, I've been gone, and trying to find myself, and the thing is, well-"

"Justin. You can tell me."

"The truth is, I think I might gay," he said and he began to cry. I looked at him, and he looked at me...and I hugged him. "Why did you do that?"

"You are you, and I love you for it, embrace it." He got up and went began to walk back to the group. He stopped and turned to me once again. And he kissed me with full passion like he didn't say what he just said.
"What was that for?"

"I will always love you," he says and we start walking again. By the time we get back it's almost dark.

We stood at the beach seeing our friends, and Jesse turned to me and waved with a big smile on his face. I smile and slightly waved back.

"You like him," he said while looking at me, but I wouldn't turn to him.

"Come on, they're walking back to their rooms."

I walk into my room, and go into the bathroom. I look at the mirror. And I just had to cry. I couldn't be here by myself.  So I left.

Jesse's POV

So, I opened the door, and she's standing there, crying. In the shirt I gave her. So I opened the door, and let her in.

She stood there, in the middle of the room. I did something that I probably shouldn't have but I did. I kissed her. And surprisingly she kissed me back but then she took a step back.

"I just can't," she told me with tears streaming down her face.

"Well, when you're ready I'm here."

"Until then, can we settle on just being friends?" She asked and tried to smile knowing how both of us felt.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

"Hey, do you mind if I stay in here tonight?"

"Sure, come on." She got in, then I got in. And she fell asleep. All I could do is stare at her, and then i fell asleep. All we'll ever be is friends.