"I don't want to ask again corporal. Drop and give me 20." Jade stared at Marcus a little longer trying to challenge him, but she saw that he wasn't going anywhere until she gave him 20. So she got on her back and started giving the arrogant man 20 sit-ups. When Jade had done her 20, she collapsed on the floor groaning as her body ached all over.

"I can't move." Jade groaned causing Marcus to chuckle as he walked over to her.

"Here I'll help you up." Jade sat up and Marcus lifted her to her feet and helped her walk inside.

"You go take a shower and I'll cook us some breakfast." Jade nodded and limped her way back to her room where she undressed and let her muscle soak under the blazing hot shower. Once Jade finished with the shower she walked back into the kitchen drying her hair and sat on the island bench where Marcus was serving up breakfast.

"Perfect timing." Jade sat down and Marcus joined her as they both dug into breakfast.

"After breakfast, I have to go into town to get some food. Do you want to come or just stay here?" Jade finished what she was eating before answering.

"I'll come." They both finished up breakfast and while Marcus went to change and Jade cleaned up. Marcus stopped when he saw Jade finishing up the cleaning admiring the strong women that was before him.

"Okay, you ready to go?" Jade turned around and saw Marcus dressed in shorts, singlet and thongs.

"Yea let me just get a jacket." Marcus frowned and as Jade passed him and he grabbed onto her upper arm stopping her from going anywhere.

"You don't need a jacket, Jade. It's getting warm outside." Jade frowned and looked down at her scared filled arm and knew that people would stare and judge her. She didn't mind when people stared at her, but it was their judgemental looks she couldn't stand.

"There's no need to be embarrassed Jade these you got fighting for your country and if anyone has anything to say about them tell them to go to hell." Jade smiled up at Marcus as his kind words but still felt incredibly naked in her singlet and jeans.

"I don't know Marcus." Jade looked down at her feet unable to keep looking into Marcus's intense brown eyes.

"It's up to you." Marcus let her go and watched as she retreated into her room before coming back out with a green cardigan.

They both walked to the car where Marcus had the radio on low so they could talk.

"How long until we get into town?" Jade questioned as there weren't many houses around.

"About 30 minutes." They both fell into silence again as Jade hummed along to the music playing on the radio.

"So, tell me about what it was like growing up with your mother," Marcus asked out of the blue catching Jade off guard.

"Horrible is the only way to describe it. She drove everyone in the family away." Even though Marcus had his eyes on the road he was watching Jade out of the corner of his eye.

"What made you join the defence force?" Even though Marcus had a pretty good idea what made her join, he wanted to make sure he was right.

"I did it to get away from my mother. I was raised to be the perfect debutant. My mother had my life planned out for me. I was groomed to be the perfect housewife, to be compliant towards my husband's wishes and commanded. To raise and breed perfect children, to cook, clean and take care of the children to the highest standard. I was taught to not have dreams or ideas and was taught everything I did had to be perfect, from my grades right down to the single hair that had to be in its right place on my perfect head." Jade shivered as she could remember her mother's lesson in her head about a way a lady should and shouldn't act.