Found some pieces.

I woke up in mid sleep, it was Drake. “Emy, wake up….i need your help please wake up.”

I opened my eyes and looked at him, I didn’t get annoyed come on I got the opportunity to see his dimples. Now please don’t judge me, these are my hormones. He suddenly griped my wrists and pulled me up from my bed, this made me feel a little giddy.

“come here” he said pulling me in some strange room that I had never seen in this house before.

“Look at this!” he said.

I turned my face to see a pile of letters kept in a little jute bag. This room looked like a small store room of the house. He then called me and picked up a few white sheets which covered a few albums. I opened the album to see pictures of my parent’s marriage and also a few albums had pictures of only my dad (Corby) and mom. I enjoyed watching them happy as Drake sat beside me also watching them closely and then out of curiosity he asked, “Emy, who are they? I mean I have noticed you watching all their pictures really closely and in the cottage that day you cried while you asked Mrs. Johnson to tell you everything an not hide, at school you were staring at the memorial… who are they?

“Corby and Kayla are my biological parents Drake”, I said

He looked at me with wide eyes. “My mother got married to Harry because Corby had brain tumor and he didn’t have much time.” I didn’t tell him details about Harry, I actually did not have to he knew a lot about Harry.

“Why is that memorial put in the school anyways?” I asked as he knew a lot about Harry.

“ Corby was a great soccer player of our team, Kayla was the best student of the year and Harry was also a great persone, being autistic he was a brilliant student. But that is not the main reason to put their memorial. They had done a lot for the school, all the three had saved the school from going into wrong management and since then they were the most appreciated students of the school. Even after they left the school they gave a large portion of their wealth for the welfare of students and gave scholarships to the needy, this was not liked by many though, Corby gave away all his saved money in the school to a boy for scholarship, I really respect all the three, they had done a lot for that boy you know”

He said that with so much of mixed emotions ‘happy and sad’ it felt like he has felt their love upon him. “who was that boy, do you know?”

“That was me”, he said that and lowered his head.

“You” I said that more like a question.

“hmm yeah, me…my parents were close friends of the three and my family was going through a lot then when they took care of my expenses, I was too tiny to realize that but when I made a few real bad mistakes when I was thirteen my mother told me everything about them, Emy I really didn’t know they were your parents, I know a lot about them! Strange you don’t know too much about them, then again you were always in foster care to know about them anyways” he said. His voice was soft towards me and he showered a kind of strange love towards me. But I liked his company.

“May be I begun too bad with you Emily, but trust me I would never take advantage of you, I can be a great friend ,whenever you’d need me I’ll be there.”

I smiled to him and nodded in agreement.

…………………………………………………………….

After that little conversation down there, I picked up the pile of letters from the store room and kept them n my room. I heard the bell ring and opened the door; it was Aqua-Esthar and rest of the family outside, all looking at me with so much concern.

“Emy we heard about the note Esthar said as they all entered, he pulled me in a bear hug and kissed my forehead. He then gave me some candy floss as we all sat in the living room. Jessica was here too. Blake didn’t come though.

“The note said that Harry is alive”

“Now that was shocking for us too” Aqua and Esthar said in unison.

Troy and Sarah were fast asleep so it was safe to talk about this stuff here.

“We were told that he died in a car crash and the dead body that they showed us was beyond recognition and also Harry was missing for quite long by the time we learnt about his death so we really believed that he died, the cops brought us the news.”said Esthar.

I just nodded at this little piece of information.

“I found a pile of letters from the store room”, I said.

Aqua looked t me and then said, “they were all written to you by Kayla, I was supposed to give it to you when you were to turn 18.”

I sucked some air in me and then looked at her nervously. “There are 18 letters in the pile, one for each birthday….but it seemed something beyond birthday in the letters”, she said.

“Aqua I really think I should open the letter” I said curiously. That’s when I felt someone’s warm hand on my shoulder, I saw Drake sitting there looking in my eyes intensely, I ignored the butterflies in my stomach and the chills in my spine and looked at Aqua with hope. She stared towards me for a minute and then agreed.

Letter 1:

Dear Emily,

                    I love you my baby, remember that always. I may not survive long but you need to know a lot of things. Baby you might have grown so beautiful by now! I wish I would have been able to see you growing but its not in my fate.

                I can’t drag this too long, you father (Harry), is a really nice guy, he is very dear to me and I really love him. But he made a few mistakes that I know have brought a lot of misery upon him. I don’t want you to suffer the way we did. I never told Aqua but the manager of Harry had wicked plans and that was the reason why we shifted to the cottage and sold the mansion to Esthar. Harry had made a will that when you would turn 18 all his estate would be yours and if at all both me and Harry died then the estate would go into the hands of the manager until you would turn 18.

                 He wanted to kill you baby, I can’t risk to lose another dear one from me so rather I’d die, you have to fight baby. Get back the estate. You have to fight for harry.

PS: Read the next letter only after you meet Mrs. Smith. She has a bit of something to tell you, before you proceed on getting back the estate.

I read the letter out loud so everyone could listen to me. Drake was now holding my hand tight. I looked up to see everyone were in deep thoughts. “I am with you sis”, said Tristan and Jessica nodded in agreement. Aqua and Esthar also agreed to help me.

………………………………….

Hey people second update on the same day, I just hope that this is not turning out to be boring. Please let me know. In the next few chapters I’ll try to focus on both Drake-Emily and the mystery of the past. I’ll try to blance it together.

Please vote!!

(I need 5 votes on both the posts I made today!)

~Niviaaru~