Another Mission

We both slept ok the hard wood boards of the shack, and had kept shifts over night just a precaution. Now it was morning.

"Fast Travel is a Hyperion product correct?" I said as I relaxed my boots.

"Indeed," he said.

"And so is Claptrap..." I had a eureka moment.

"So...I can probably hack into that Claptrap!" I said excitedly, as I quickly grabbed my guns and other belongings (there aren't very many).

"You? Hack!?"

"Yeah me..." I said as I walked down the ramp.

"I think it's best if I handle this one," Aaron said as he caught up.

"Why should you handle this, you haven't seen me with a computer yet," I said annoyed with his protest.

"Alright we'll see," he said.

We walked to where Claptrap was, he was standing in front of the missions board, like a sitting duck. He saw us and starting chatting away.

"Hello Vault-"

"Wait you're not the vault hunters, who the
$@%#* are you?"

"We're here to update your uh software, it'll only take a second," I said.

"Well alright! I guess I should trust two strangers that I've never seen before!" He said and turned around.

"Everything I need, is in this baby," I whispered to Aaron and kissed the USB before plugging it into his system.

"You're risking damage to whatever's on there, I would let me do it," Aaron said and lightly pushed my arm aside.

"Um no I was assigned this Claptrap so let ME do it," I said shoving him with my shoulder. We started pushing each other back and fourth, and before he could stop me I shoved it into CLap.

"Uh guys? Everything good back there?" He said.

"Perfect," I said, "just perfect."

A virtual keyboard popped up and Claptrap shut down temporarily.

"I have to admit that tech here is 100 times better than tech on earth," I said, "I love It."

I started doing basic codes and hacking into its virus wall protection while Aaron stood and watched. I was typing pretty fast, and was nearly done already.

"You can easily optimize those codes," Aaron said arrogantly.

"It'll only take one...more..."

I clicked enter but the codes didn't compile, and stood there confused. Aaron took it as an opportunity to jump in and look at my code.

"You can't use an int inside a String method, and same with this char statement," he said shaking his head.

"Amateur," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Wait I didn't-" and ZAP a fast travel station appeared in front of us.

"Okay I programmed it to self destruct in 20 seconds so nothing can use this station, so let's go now," he said.

I ejected my USB and tucked it into my bra.

He opened the fast travel menu and it had all the destinations, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Where t-"

"Hyperion," I said.

"Alright Hyperion it is."

-

We ended up at Three Horn - Valley, and not Hyperion.

"Hmmm. Maybe there was a glitch in the system," Aaron said.

"It would make sense. I should have guessed that they wouldn't open up Hyperion to anyone, unlike the game," I said.

"So what now-"

"We're gonna break in of course!" I said.

"I like the sound of that! What are your ideas?" Aaron said as he stretched his arms over his head. He leaned back as he stretched his back and I saw a yellow shirt beneath the black jacket he wears.

"Yellow is a horrid color," I said as I reloaded some of my guns.

"What-what? Yellow is the best friggin color there is!" He exclaimed.

"I like...red," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Red is cool I guess." He said

"It's the color of blood," we said at the same time.

I squinted my eyes at him, "that was weird."

"Yeah, I guess we both like blood!" He said awkwardly.

"Sure, you can put it that way," I said as I shook my head at his odd response.

"Anyways, so I know there are a lot of Hyperion labs, based, etc. on Pandora, any of them is suitable for our attack," I said.

"Why the hell are we attacking them?"

"Well I shouldn't say attack, I should say hack, but we have to get to one of their computers first," I said.

"Why do you like hacking so much?" He said innocently.

"I just like computers, and technology, a lot."

"Hmmm."

I looked at his helmet that he wore, he really must be hot in there.

"I really hate how I can't see your facial expressions, and your eyes," I said.

"It's not the outside that matters, it's in here," he said sarcastically and poked my chest where my heart is.

I gasped and kicked him away from me.

"Don't touch me you perv!" I said as I stood over his body. He was groaning in pain again.

"Bitch," he groaned and held his stomach.

"Just get up, I didn't kick you that hard and you shouldn't have poked my chest," I scolded.

He got up and said, "if we're going to do this..." Another groan.
"Then. No. More. Kicking or punching me."

"Request denied," I said.

"What the hel-?! Request!? You're not a ROBOT. and you are not a QUEEN. I am the KING. AND I REFUSE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS," he said angrily.

"The King...of what? You're being weird right now," I said.

"It was a metaphor you know! I meant like king as in I'm a- you know what never mind, let's carry out this mission," he said.

-

We decided to tackle a smaller Hyperion base in the Highlands, and things got messy from there.