Caught You Red Handed

"Mike can you meet me at the warehouse office in 5 minutes?" I texted him, and grabbed my backpack, exited my apartment, and locked my door.

I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator, for some reason it seemed like a good idea, and plus I was only on floor five.

I was at the warehouse within 2 minutes, given that it was next to my building. I slowly unlocked the door, and found that it was pitch black inside, it was a bit scary to walk in, but I did so cautiously.

The lights automatically switched on and and jogged over to the small room that was inside. The warehouse was bare and empty, and ready for renovation. The space was planned to be turned into a huge arcade, and I was hired to do the computer work for the place.

I opened the office door and plugged in all of my cables and my computer. I had an idea, but who knows if it'll work or not.

I had been typing away furiously for the past 10 minutes and heard the door open, I stopped typing to peek outside the office.

It was Mike. But he looked, different?

"Isn't this something huh?" he said referring this epidemic.

"Yeah it sure is, but I gotta show you something really quick," I said and beckoned him into the office.

I watched him at the corner of my eye, he looked uncomfortable and a little sweaty.

"You good?" I asked him.

"Oh! Yeah! I'm just," he looses his button shirt "just adjusting."

"Anyways, get your shit together because I think I hit something big," I said.

"Oh really?" He asked as he shuffled his hands around.

I looked at my computer for he most part but kept a side eye on Mike, something was definitely up. His hand reached into his pocket, and my instincts kicked in like a raging bullet.

I quickly swiped my right foot across and made him fall onto his back, then I quickly stepped onto his shoulders.

"What the actual fuck. Is wrong with you Mike," I said as I saw that he had pulled a gun out.

He looked like he was about to cry, he was swearing like crazy now.

"I-I'm sorry YN I was-"

"Was never your frien-"

"No that's not true-"

"Yes it is."

I was watching him intently, his words were glitching like a a robot, as if he was fighting another person within him.

"Mike are you okay? Talk to me Mike," I got more worried.

"YN please-"

"They're going to kill yo-"

"No I am going to kill you-"

I grabbed his gun and aimed it at his forehead, his facial expressions changed within seconds, back and forth. Something was inside of him.

"YN you have to ru-"

"You have to kill me-"

"Before I-"

And suddenly something came over him and he pushed me off, and I flew into the wall. The Mike I know doesn't have the strength to do that.

The gun flew out of my hand, and into the doorway near Mike. I quickly sprung up and sprinted towards him but he got the gun first.

"Any last words," Mike said with the most malicious look on his face.

I was breathing heavily with my hands raised, I looked at him and then the gun, I had to act quick. His finger laid heavily on the trigger, I couldn't help but fear my best friend. Or whatever has taken over him. In a swift motion, I grabbed his wrist with both of my hands, and swung him over, slamming him on the ground.

All those years in martial arts finally came to use.

"Mike what's wrong wit-"

The slam seemed to help him go back to normal, at least for a bit.

"YN I haven't much time, they want to steal-"

"Steal my what??"

"Your codes, and they-"

Suddenly he sat up quickly and snatched the gun out of my hand and shoot himself in the mouth.

I gasped loudly, putting my hands behind his head trying to stop the bleeding. But it was pointless.

"OH MY GOD," I heard someone shriek.

It was Jen, her hands were covering her mouth and she looked mortified. Her eyes were so wide and full of fear and despair.

"I don't know what- he just shot him-"

"You MONSTER-" she said.

"Me??" I got up and there was blood all over my hands, and she backed away from me.

"Jen it wasn't me!"

"Then who else was it?!" There were tears building up in her eyes.

"I always knew you had a temper, but-"

"THIS. WAS. NOT-"

She looked more scared as I raised my voice, and her hands raised a bit. Tears began to stroll down her face.

"This was not me, you have to believe me you have to," I grabbed her arm on accident and she screamed. There was Mike's blood smeared on her right arm, and I quickly let go as she pulled away.

"Stay away from me," she said seriously and backed away.

"EVERYONE. Will know about this. EVERYONE," she said as she began to walk backwards.

"Jen please," I said as I walked towards her.

"We're not friends," she said and started running away.

I looked at my hands, and looked at Mikes' body, this wasn't a pretty site.

Why wasn't I crying? Why wasn't I screaming like Jen?

I didn't have time to feel or think, I had to abide to Mike's warning and get the hell out of town.