Chapter Eleven

Yo, credit to @caseynovak23 for this idea---------------

Mariska's POV

"Chris... I..."

He looked up at me. The ring was shining, and his eyes were filled with curiosity.

"Will you?"

"I... Can't."

"What?!" He asked. He closed the box and stood up. "No?"

"Chris, I can't get married. I have a kingdom to run, and I can't handle marriage right now."

"If we get married, I'll run it with you!"

"I don't want a king! I don't want marriage right now!" I explained as he just stared at me.

"Mariska, I love you."

"Chris," I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose between my index finger and thumb. "Marriage really isn't my thing."

"Make it your thing! You knew we were eventually going to get married!"

"No, Chris! I really didn't know we were."

"Mariska, why wont you just marry me? Think about your reputation! Think about all that could come from it!"

"Christopher, I don't need a man for my reputation. A man won't make people love me, he won't make my mistakes disappear, and he certainly won't make me happy by forcing me into marriage!"

"Fine, don't marry me. But I'll still be at the party, and I'll still be your partner."

Chris stormed off.

Christopher's POV

I walked toward the butler, screaming inside.

"You!" I yelled, and pulled Kelli my her tie. I looked her in the eye. "I don't know what you did, I don't know how.... But you somehow managed to change her."

"Change?" she whispered, baring a brazen grin.

"Yes, you moron."

She laughed. "She didn't change, she just doesn't want to waste the rest of her life with a man like you."

I wrapped my fingers around her slim throat, and watched he face turn red. "Listen, just because you're the Queen's property... Doesn't mean you get to act like a queen."

I let her go, and she fell to the ground. Her breaths were sharp, and she cough multiple times.

"And if you try anything, Kelli, I'll make sure you get your punishments."