Chapter Fifteen

Mariska's POV

I stared at him with wide eyes. I tried to keep my, well whatever feeling I had towards this, inside. I let out a long sigh, "Listen, Lord-"

"Call me Markus," he interrupted.

"Markus... I," I looked around as I tried to think of something to say, "have guests I need to attend to! Yes, um, I am a hostess after all."

I sped out of the room before he could say anything. I walked into the ballroom and made eye contact with Kelli.

"What happened?" she asked alarmingly.

"He tried to seduce me. Key word is try," I whispered back.

"What are you going to do?" she replied, following me back to where I was before.

"I don't know... Keep myself occupied until everyone leaves?" I suggested.

"What if he doesn't leave?" Kelli asked.

"Then I'll make him leave," I said sternly.

I kept myself occupied with my guests for the rest of the night. I talked to people, eyed Kelli as she served food, and avoided Markus at all costs.

When the evening was over, there were only three people left in the ballroom. Me, Kelli, and Markus.

Markus made his way over to me, his hair now beginning to fall limp. "Mariska darling, How about we go finish what we started?"

"What was being started?"

I turned around to see Christopher walked over to us.

"Our everlasting love, Sir," Markus replied. He smirked, and he received a glare from Chris.

"The queen is mine," Christopher growled. He stepped closer to Markus, his eyes narrowing.

"I believe that she will be mine, Kind Sir," Markus retorted.

"I had her first, now scram, Little Boy," Christopher said, poking Markus in the chest. Just as Markus was about to return the taunt, he was being pulled backward by the collar.

Kelli twirled him towards her, her eyes more focused on him than anything else.

"Listen here, Lord Levosior," she said, her voice tight and stern, "Lover Boy was here first. You have no right to barge into this castle and try to seduce my mistress. Now, leave before I throw you out myself!"

She turned him away and gave him a shove. He stumbled forward, trying to get away.

Kelli looked back at us, her face softening back to normal. She looked at both of us as if she didn't just scare Markus half to death.

"Thank you, Kelli," I said, smiling at her.

Christopher cleared his throat, "Um... Thank you..."

We both looked at him with shock in our eyes.

"But call me Lover Boy one more time and I'll call you Dead," he finished. He looked away, pulling at his collar.

"It was my pleasure," Kelli said to him as she bowed.

"Kelli, let us be for a moment."

"Yes, Mistress," she replied. She left the room.

When she turned the corner, I looked up to Chris. "I didn't think you'd ever be able to say something like that to her."

"I was being a gentleman, that's all."

"Gentleman or not, it was very kind of you," I said.

He leaned down to kiss me. I rolled my eyes before leaning into the kiss.

"Goodbye for now," he said.

I waved to him as he left the castle.

When I entered my room, Kelli was already in her pajamas. She looked up from her book and smiled.

I walked over to her, and I kissed her forehead softly. Her blonde hair tickled my lips.

"Help me get out of this God awful dress so I can may with you."