Excuses

jjjjjj

Chapter Two

Kelli's POV

There's a first for everything, and sometimes they are the most ungraceful, bumpy, and unsmooth things that will ever happen. But I wouldn't know that because I'm currently carrying a certain someone to their bed because they're asleep. Sure, I'm disappointed, upset, and a little agitated, but that doesn't matter! Because a queen's sleep is the most precious thing in the world, right?!

Okay, maybe I'm acting like a toddler, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still angry. And I know that she just fell asleep because she had been working hard lately, but being around someone like her all day just builds up your arousal until you're about to explode. And I'm surprised that my wetness hasn't started dripping down the side of my leg right now.

But I guess I'll take care of my problem the way I do every time my undergarments are this soaked. A warm bath and my imagination should do the trick.

I'm so deep in thought that I don't realize that I've just thrown Mariska onto her bed, without waking her up to change, or placing her down gently at the least. She jolts into reality and she looks like she's been thrown into a wall. But, it's better to be thrown onto a bed than into a wall.

"What the hell, Kelli?" she asks as she supports herself by placing her hands behind her and putting her weight on them. I don't respond, I don't do anything, I just stare at her like a child does when they've been caught doing something troublesome. "Kelli, what was that?"

I still don't respond, and I can tell she's getting irritated. "Well, tell me what you did!"

"I don't know! I was just thinking and I dropped you!" I sounded louder than I intended, and she doesn't look convinced.

"Just help me get out of this dress."

I shouldn't say, I swear to God that she'll kill me. But I open my big mouth and I say it. "What about what we talked about this morning?"

She looks over at me, seeming hesitant. "I... I'm really tired. Can we just do it some other time?"

I know I shouldn't show my disappointment, but there's so much of it that it's hard to hide. The worst part is seeing the guilt on Mariska's face. I know that if she'd really wanted to do it tonight that she wouldn't care how tired she was. I walk over to her, and I help her change before I head out. "Goodnight, I love you."

"You're not sleeping in here tonight?" she asks as though she's actually surprised.

"No, goodnight," I repeat.

"...I love you too."

I close the door behind me, and I linger away from the door with my head still hanging. I don't heat footsteps from behind, and I don't expect that I will hear her anytime soon tonight.

Author's Note: My heart hurts! The pain coursing through my body is freaking deadly. I know the whole point of this story was to fix their broken relationship, but it hurts!