Chapter Nine

No POV

Kelli wakes up later than usual, and with out her queen in bed. The Windows are frosted, and there is a shadow at the bottom of the pane from where the snow had piled.

The comforter had been slung onto the door board, and the room was a little copper than usual. It was Christmas.

Kelli hopped out of bed, and walked to the door. She paused for a brief moment, realizing she didn't have pants. But then remembered that the maids had gone home for Christmas.

Kelli would've gone home, but this was her home. She flung the door open, then walked to the queen's cavern, or her study.

Mariska was sitting at her desk, with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders as she worked.

"On Christmas? Really?" Kelli asked, sitting in front of her on the desk. She was almost on top of her work. "Give it a break."

"Where are my damn cookies, Kelli?" she growled, then laughed. "You think I'll be able to be mean in front of everyone next week?"

She was talking about the meeting with multiple traders.

"Being completely honest... No."

Mariska threw her head back, laughing loudly. "Seriously, I want some cookies."

"I figured we'd make them together, being our first Christmas together," Kelli suggested, running her fingers along Mariska's jaw.

Mariska stood up, and planted a kiss on Kelli's lips. "Merry Christmas, Baby."

Kelli wrapped her arms around her neck, "Merry Christmas to you too."