Love doesn't have replacements

jjjjjj

Chapter Four

Soon, it was nightfall, and Kelli was sitting in the garden. She was still in her suit, and Mariska had just gone to sleep. Kelli knew Mariska wasn't asleep yet, she also knew that Mariska was staring out her bedroom window, and she knew that Mariska could see her. She knew Mariska. Kelli was staring at the moon. The moon was shining directly on her because she was on a stone bench in the garden where the bushes and flowers didn't block the moon's light.

Her features glowed, and Kelli had a fine image in her head of the same light illuminating Mariska's face as well while she stared out the window. It was like having a crush all over again. She imagined Mariska doing things, she wish she and Mariska would do things, and she thought nonstop about that woman. Only, she was with her now, but she was slowly losing her beloved queen.

It was almost as if Julia had gone after Mariska again instead of herself, and the impact was being scared of bonds. Kelli bit the inside of her cheek because she was now thinking about how happy she was before all of this. She was thinking about how she and Mariska were perfect, and nothing could break them apart.

But now they were together, but it seemed as if they had broken away, or ended the relationship without words, just actions. Kelli blinked rapidly as she felt hot tears flood her eyes. Not a single fell, but if it had, a river would've some soon after. It was almost impossible to keep the tears at bay, but it wasn't completely impossible.

The sound of crickets chirping and a variety of other bugs, made the setting peaceful. The sounds were something to fill the painful silence of her cold room. The light was something to fill the darkness of her room, and the roses were something to replace the plain walls of her barricade.

But there was still something missing, something that couldn't be replaced; that something- or someone was Mariska. There wasn't anything that substituted for her absence, and Kelli hoped that soon she wouldn't have to live without that someone by her side.

The last thing that is replaced is the bugs' sounds. The replacement is the sound of glass shattering as Kelli stomped one foot onto her reading glasses. The black frame splits into two, and the glass inside the frame brakes into a million fragments that would be impossible to put together once separated. The glasses were a reminder of the last thing that the two women shared besides shelter. They shared the glasses, and Kelli didn't want to share anything with Mariska if she couldn't share her love.

Kelli left the demolished glass in front of the hard bench, and heading back for the castle. She waited until none of the moon's light hit her face, and she glanced at Mariska's bedroom window. There stood Mariska, still wearing one of Kelli's shirts. Another we shared that I need back, she thought. Mariska was staring at the now empty bench, and Kelli had guesses that she was her smash the glasses. Kelli stared for only a few moments more before she went into one of the many wooden doors, and made her way to her lonely room. A room she hoped would be forgotten soon...