Saved

Written 2013 by VeGirl

I groaned and tried to crack my hurting neck before I opened my eyes slowly.

"Emma, are you okay?" I heard my friend's worried voice and turned to look at her. Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked like she had been up all night.

"Yeah I'm fine, but you looked like shit." I groaned as I sat up on the couch. I turned my head to hear my neck pop.

"That Julius-guy snapped your neck, and I took them both down."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Well, they can't go around snapping people's necks without any repercussion." She said angry. "But then they explained that you'd be fine in a while and that it was just from concern." She explained. "So they put you here on the couch before they left."

"How sweet of them." I said sourly and then I realized. "But we have to go after them!" I was filled with new energy and adrenaline. "I have to get Damon to safety." I looked at my friend who was absolutely exhausted. "How long have I been out?"

She stifled a yawn. "About six hours." She couldn't hold that yawn anymore and gaped wide before being able to put a hand up to cover it.

I looked surprised around to assess the light coming in from the painted windows, before looking back at my friend. "Have you been up all this time?"

She nodded. "I had to baby-sit you." She teased with a smile and another jawn.

I tilted both of my eyebrows in a concerned face. "You shouldn't have! We have to get you to bed!"

"Don't worry about it, I'll just crash here." She slumped down on the couch opposite mine and I think she slept before her head hit that pillow.

Wow, she had been sitting by my side the whole time I was out cold?

My neck hurt like a s.o.b. and I tried to stretch it again to pop it into its rightful place. Damn Julius for breaking my neck, that's not a very nice thing to do! I'm gonna have to have a little heart to heart with him when he comes back.

I turned my head to look at Anna, fast asleep on the couch one last time before I headed downstairs to get a nutritious drink so I wouldn't be tempted to take advantage of the sleeping girl on the couch.

Jeeze, I sounded like some molester.

I grabbed a bag in the freezer and thought about heating it in the microwave, while dialing Ted's number. The phone rang and rang and after a while it went to voice mail. I ended the call and redialled; this time it went straight to voice mail. I was getting more and more annoyed and kept calling him with the same result. By now my anger started to phase into worry.

What if something had happened to them as well?

I tried calling Stefan's and Damon's phones as well with the same fruitless result. I was just about to call Ted for the gazillion time when my phone chimed.

"Hello?"

"Emma, have you heard from them?" Elena asked worried. "I've been calling and calling and nobody answers."

"Yeah, it's the same for me." I sighed.

"But you said you had an idea."

"Yeah, I sent two vampires out to find them, but they won't answer either."

"Oh my God, what if something happened to them as well?" She sounded devastated.

"Come on Elena; let's not jump to conclusions here." I said even if I felt exactly the same. "Didn't you say something about not finding a line out or no signal when you were on that island?"