Witch help

Written 2013 by VeGirl

Next evening I took the Ferrari to pick Anna up at the airport. She was due to land ten fifteen at night and I waited anxiously in the arrival hall for her to walk through the door. People looked tired as they walked passed me with their big suitcases. Irritable parents snapped at their children who were yelling or running crazy and others were just tired from travelling and wanted to get home as soon as possible.

Most of them were met by people that meant a lot to them, if their expressions were some kind of indicator. People were calling and laughing, hugging and kissing each other and I thought of the other times I had been in this airport. I always seemed to be missing and longing for Damon here, and this time was no exception.

"Anna!" I called the second she walked through the door. Her eyes found me and a huge smile appeared on her face.

"Emma!" She hurried up and we hugged for a long time.

"I have missed you so much!" I whined.

"Yeah, I've missed you too." She replied.

"Are you ready to get home to Mystic Falls?" I asked with a crooked grin.

"Absolutely!"

I grabbed hold of her bag. "This is heavy!" I complained, even if it was quite easy for me now as a vampire. "What do you have here a ton of bricks?"

"It's my grimoire." She hissed.

"Oh..." I was a bit surprised. "Good thinking!" I mumbled, making Anna smile.

"How are you holding up with this whole... err... hunger?" She hissed the last word, not really ready to talk aloud about vampires in public.

I just smiled. "I'm actually fine; I haven't wanted to eat anyone here yet, even thought there was a delicious looking guy that I wanted to sink my teeth into." I said in a wicked tone, making Anna laugh out loud.

"You haven't changed much." She shook her head.

"Not much..." I smirked. "But I almost accidentally ate Elena there at one moment. That was not appreciated." I gave her a very obvious face.

"Really, they didn't like that?" She said sarcastic, making us both laugh.

We walked out to the parking-lot. "You took the Ferrari?" Anna asked when we closed in on the sleek black sportscar. "Where am I supposed to put my bags?"

"Would you chill?" I rolled my eyes at her, and put her suitcase behind my seat. "There is a trunk up front too, but it's designed for smaller bags." I informed her and she seemed impressed. "You can put your carry-on's there if you want to." I offered. "But here's room." I motioned at the area behind her seat.

Anna scowled jokingly at me and handed me her bag before she took her seat.

"I always thought of Damon as the pale blue crappy convertible kind of guy." Anna said in a mocking tone when we rolled out of the parking lot.

Just hearing his name made my intestines clench and the pain of not having him around was searing.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not." I admitted. "It's been three days now and I have no idea where they went." Just talking about it made the pain resurface again. "They said that they'd be back before nightfall and I'm sure something terrifying has happened." Tears started to fall and I had to blink them away before everything got blurry.

"Hmm..." Anna murmured thoughtfully, making me watch her surprised.

"You're supposed to comfort me." I chided her. "You are usually a more comforting kind."