Breaking and entering

Written 2013 by VeGirl

The next day we headed over to the Mikaelson's mansion bright and early. Stefan was already posted in the shadows by the door. "Here is nobody around." He informed his brother while my heart beat hard. B and E was not something I usually did.

"I was certain here would be hybrids watching this house, the whole time you went away here was guards around." Stefan was still keeping us posted while I just looked at the intimidating front door.

"It sounds a bit strange that he would leave the house unguarded." Damon thought to. "And he hasn't relocated?"

"No, everything looks just as before as far as I have seen through the windows."

I took a deep calming breath. "Okay, let's do this." I said, feeling like I should just get the hell out of there.

This was wrong, this was so wrong!

"How do you do this; through the front door, or do we find some backdoor?" I asked.

"We can take a backdoor if you want." Stefan said. "There is a door just around the corner that is out of the way."

"Good."

We got to the door and I was just about to touch the door-handle when I froze. "What about alarm-systems?" I stared at the guys. "Wouldn't the display to that be at the front door?"

Damon looked actually impressed. "Good thinking!" He said, put an arm around my shoulders and we got back to the front door, carefully dodging behind a tree as a car drove by the house.

I took a deep breath and put my hand on the handle. "It's locked." I whispered.

Stefan took the handle and gave it a good twist, breaking it with a loud snapping sound. "Breaking..." He grinned and pushed the door open.

I think I held my breath, expecting some alarm to shrill throughout the neighbourhood, but everything was still silent.

Stefan held his arm in an inviting gesture. "...and entering." He said with a smug grin. I had never really met the bad boy version of Stefan and was a little intimidated by him, but I took a deep breath and took a step up to the doorway.

"Let's do this." I said bravely and walked through the doorway but I couldn't get in; it was as if there was some invisible barrier stopping me. I looked at the brothers and then I tried again with the same result. "What the..." Nowhere around the doorway could I see any signs of anything, but it was impossible to get in.

A hand on my shoulder pulled me back and Stefan tried and after him Damon checked it out. "Don't bother, we're not invited." Stefan said puzzled.

"But a vampire can't keep another vampire out, not even an original, right?" Damon was just as baffled.

Stefan had his eyebrows shadowing his eyes. "We've all been here before."

All three of us were thinking hard. "Has he signed over the house to somebody?" Damon asked.

"I've been staking the house since last night, and I haven't seen anyone."

The sun was about to rise and we risked to be exposed, so we decided to get back to the Boarding house to figure this out during the day, and then return tonight hopefully with the knowledge on how to enter the darn house.

Annoyed Damon and I plopped down on the brown leather couch by the fireplace in the lounge while Stefan sat in the armchair. We had a tumbler with blood and bourbon each on the table in front of us.