Going Home

Written 2013 by VeGirl

Finally we were on a flight to get back to Mystic Falls. Amariya had come with us to help with the transition and we had two days before the mysterious Wiccan holiday that I barely could pronounce.

I was lucky getting the seat next to our charming host. "How did you get the sword through the metal detector?" I hissed.

He raised one of his eyebrows. "Compulsion."

"Neat," I muttered.

"I can teach you," he offered.

I turned to give him a surprised look.

"After I've turned you," he continued, raising his wrist towards his mouth with a questioning look.

I scowled at him. "I swear I'm gonna O.D. on that stuff one of these days," I muttered.

Amariya was on my other side, so I did my best to block Klaus out and turn to his sister instead. "What do we do when we get there; apparently you know sites in the area where we could go through." I was anxious to get this plan working.

"I've been thinking... What happened the day before you met Damon?"

I tried to go back in time to recall what really had happened. "I walked around town, saw the sign of the garden tour and joined it. That's when I thought I saw him in the window," I told her and she still had the thoughtful expression on.

"The next day I went on a trip with the Vampire Stalkers." Her eyes widened a bit by the phrase, but she rolled her eyes and motioned for me to continue. "We drove around town, but I can't think of anything substantial like the old school house, I'm sorry."

She sat in silence, thinking hard. "Okay, where did you go?"

I went through the day in chronological order, trying to remember every tiny detail.

"And this was on the twenty-first of June?" She pulled out her iPhone to look at the calendar and I couldn't help but to be impressed by her way to adapt to the modern society in no time, after being cold and out for almost a millennium. "Yes, that was the day of the solstice," she mumbled to herself.

"After lunch we went to the old Salvatore estate, the high school and Bree's Bar; that was where I met Damon that night." I got some enthusiasm in my voice immediately. "Bree was a witch; could that be it?"

"It sounds unlikely, but it's worth a shot," she said still in her own thoughts.

The plane landed in Atlanta, and as soon as we got through customs a black car waited outside.

"Do you have a car waiting at every airport as well?" I asked Klaus, implying that he was a spoiled brat.

"No." He laughed. "But I told one of my hybrids to leave it here for us."

"Your hybrids? But I thought we couldn't just waltz into Mystic Falls..."

"Oh, I can; you're the ones who need a special passport," he said making my mouth fall open.

Oh please remind me that I don't belong here, why don't you.

I would have thought we would all just go to Klaus' mansion, but that was apparently impossible, so Anna and I checked into a hotel in Covington, while Klaus took Amariya with him to his house. After having spent so much time together, I was terrified when he left us, what if they couldn't find us again? What if we were stuck here without any help what so ever?

The next day they came back though when we just exited the breakfast area. I had barely slept that night and had a smashing headache.

"Wow, you look... wrecked," Klaus said. "It looks like you had a real bender last night." He had the teasing tone to accentuate the expression on his face. I glared at him, but was so glad to see him and his sister again, that I nearly jumped into their arms.