Deception

Written 2013 by VeGirl

"When did you and Klaus have this serious talk?" My curiosity couldn't stay still anymore and when we were alone in the car on our way home I had to ask.

"Oh that was after you left, when Kol compelled me to kill Jeremy." He sighed.

"What?" I yelped for two reasons; first that was just cruel for lack of a better word and secondly: "But Klaus was with Anna and me; he met us at the airport." I wondered how long Kol put us in that room without a view.

"No baby, you're forgetting the time-aspect." He looked tenderly at me.

Oh yeah, that thing...

I kept my gaze on him, wondering if I ever got to know everything that went on during that period of time. "How long was it?" My voice was low and quiet.

His face showed a moment of confusion when he turned toward me, but he instantly knew what I was after, almost as if he could read my mind. "One-hundred, twenty-three days, fourteen hours and thirty-three minutes." He said assertive. "But who's counting."

I was blown away.

"That's almost four months!" I still had a hard time to comprehend this time-travelling that apparently was possible. "It was only two weeks for me."

"Yes, you told me." He said close-lipped.

I sat sideways in the front seat of the light blue Camaro, watching him. "You went through a lot... I wish I could have been there for you."

As usual, he tried to joke it away. "Yeah that'd be great, Stefan bled me dry and threw me in the dungeon."

I gasped.

"I would enjoy watching you kick his ass." He took my hand and kissed the palm of it, without another word. I watched him intense as he turned into the driveway, as he parked and walked around the car. Oh how much I would want to be there for him during these distressful times. He lifted me into his arms and carried me indoors with an expression of contentment and ownership and set us down on the couch in the parlour.

"Why did you talk to Klaus?"

"Stefan sent Klaus to watch me."

"Stefan ordered Klaus around?" I was chocked.

Damon chuckled. "Nobody orders Klaus around." He put my blond locks of hair behind my ear in a soft gesture. "He had some stuff to deal with and Klaus was just there to watch me. He said it was good that you weren't around, because you would definitely let me out."

"Sure I would!"

"But they locked me there to keep me from killing Jeremy." Damon explained again in his soft voice.

Oh yeah...

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him. He took a deep breath. "I told Klaus he needed to be bad for a reason and not just because he feels like it, and that seemed to stick to him when we went to Sweden. I have no idea what will happen now." He shook his head. "But it looks like you shocked him by changing those bottles."

I smiled and shrugged.

"That was really good thinking, girl." Damon smirked. "That's my princess!" His voice held so much pride for me that I was almost blushing.

That night he held me tight to his chest and I slept like a baby. All the stress and worry of what would happen when Klaus found out what I had done, had taken a toll on me and I really slept like I was dead to the world.