Bloodlust

Written 2013 by VeGirl

As soon as Damon figured out that we didn't share a sire-bond, he returned to being the attentive, sweet boyfriend he had been before.

He even took me to his secret house, when Anna got tired of our smooching and it felt amazing to be back. There were no fighting or hurt feelings this time, no panic visits and hiding in the bathroom, but there were intimacy. We could enjoy the solitude and be as loud in the bedroom as we needed to, not having to be respectful to others.

But most importantly we talked.

All alone with no eavesdroppers we could talk about all the things Damon felt he needed to hide from Stefan and Elena, and the rest of the world.

Unfortunately we could never stay to long, since this place still wasn't official; we told the others we'd just be off for a while. Those stolen moments were definitely worth it though, and the rest of the time we were walking around like love-struck teenagers.

Luckily the recordings of the Vampire Diaries were over; the fans wouldn't like this turn of events; this Damon, but I loved him.

Damon helped me through most of the things that was changed in my life over the days and weeks. Elena and Caroline were supportive and told me the hard times they had gone through and how I would avoid them, and Stefan did all he could to convince me to surrender to the animal diet. That didn't work though.

The urge for blood was a powerful motivation; I finally understood what Elena had been talking about. But when I lunged myself at Anna, she was ready and gave me a migraine I'd never forget. Her face was determined and she didn't even have to flick her wrists to make my head hurt in such a way I thought I was going to die... Again.

I just clamped my hands over my head and fell on my knees in unbearable pain. Just as abrupt as it started, it stopped again and I looked up at my best friend standing over me.

"Don't ever do that again!" she said slowly, emphasizing every syllable.

"I'm sorry Anna!" I was really regretful, but it was as the urge widely extended my logical thinking. "I hope I didn't hurt you."

"What's going on?" Stefan interrupted us. "Did she attacked you; are you okay?" I was a bit disappointed that he showed more concern for my friend than me, but I was a monster like him now and my friend was still a human. A human witch, but nonetheless a human.

"I can defend myself against a vampire!" Anna smirked. "I've been living with one or two now for some time now."

Stefan glared a bit at me but I ignored him and focused on apologizing to my friend.

"Perhaps we should have some Aikido-training." Anna suggested. "It's been a long time."

I looked at her as if I couldn't believe what I heard. "You want to train with me even since you know I'm a vampire?" I asked baffled. "Even after I attacked you?"

She laughed. "Yeah, that wasn't kicking your ass; that was just pain. I look forward to kicking your ass."

Cocky much?

Well I guess she had deserved that, bringing me to my knees without a flick of her hands. "Okay buddy; bring it on!" I smirked and we walked out in the back yard.

The advanced eyesight was a good tool in this training, I could see every move Anna made and was able to block them. For the first time Anna did not win all the time. Her black belt didn't do her much good since I was just a few grades down from her.

Damon joined us after a while and wanted another go at me when I was a little more durable now. I think he wanted some tips and tricks from Anna though.