The cure

Written 2013 by VeGirl

Let's get on with the rest of this story. Will Emma make it or is this the last chapter?

Enjoy! VeGirl.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Damon..." I walked over the two steps to him and wrapped my arms around him. A little reluctant he put his arms around me and my tears started to flow.

Suddenly I broke free. "How long would it take to go to Budapest?" My eyes were wide open, staring around me wild. "Stefan, please check flights, will you?" He turned to go to the computer in the office. I pulled up my phone to check some airport app and checked what the time was over there.

"You will never make it..."

A chill went down my spine and I turned to look at a devastated Damon. "What do you mean?" I said chocked. "Do you think I should just give up?" I breathed.

He didn't say anything.

"What do you mean?" I yelled, underlining every word.

His eyebrows were pressed together, his eyes still dark blue and his mouth that was pressed together started to flinch. "I was by Rose side that day, the pain she went through you don't want to experience on an airplane." He spat out the words. "You don't want to go through that at all!"

"What choice do I have?" I yelled.

"I don't want to be the one to put a stake in your chest!" His eyes were welling up.

"Oh baby!" I wrapped my arms around him and felt him leaning his cheek on my head. "It looked like a dog... Maybe we're just exaggerating?" I suggested.

He held me by my upper arms and I was surprised by the pain in his face. "There is only so much pain a man can take." His eyes were tear-filled. "I can't do that again, not with you."

"This won't be like that, baby. Things will work out this time." As I did what I could to comfort him, I felt a searing pain in the calf; sweat started to break on my entire body and I started to shake uncontrollably. However much I tried to hide it, it was impossible, and Damon knew instantly what was going on. He lifted me in his arms and carried me toward our bedroom.

When we got to the parlour, the door flung open and Elena stormed in. "Emma?" She yelled and I could feel her voice filled with concern even if I had no strength to hold my eyes open. "Emma, how are you?" I could feel her hand on my arm.

"She's dying, can't you see?" Damon snapped with a voice raw with pain and I opened my eyes to look at him as a tear fell down his cheek.

I heard Elena give a pain-filled cry and I felt Stefan's presence. I turned to look at them as Stefan wrapped Elena in his arms when another struck of pain ran through my body and I couldn't help but to scream out loud. I started to cough and saw blood splatter from my mouth. It felt like my entire body was burning with fire and I was suddenly back in that horrid moment when I woke up in my hotel room in a bed next to Anna's.

What?!

I thought I went to sleep in Damon's bed. I was sure I went to sleep in Damon's bed, curled up in his arms. How could I be back in my room? I looked around to see where Damon was, and found a bed next to mine and in it laid my friend Anna, sleeping. Damon was nowhere around.

"Anna?! You're here?"

She snapped her head up and stared at me. "What?" she said sleepily.

"You're here!" I said, got over to her bed and hugged her.