Chapter 1

You crossed your legs and looked back down at the book you were reading. You were almost done with it and you couldn't wait to see how it all ended. The train you were traveling on shook a bit causing your heart to skip a beat and your head to snap up. You were anxious that you would miss your appointment with the realtor. You were buying your first house in Central City. You were tired of your life in Starling City, everything seemed the same to you. Your life had just become a boring routine, seeing the same things over and over again made life seem dull. The train shook some more and you grew concerned. Were trains supposed to shake like this?  you wondered, having never ridden on a train before. You never studied trainology. 

You were about a half mile from the train station and were growing impatient. You looked out the window, forgetting how good your book was a minute ago. The world around you was a blur, but you could distinctively hear thunder, and the rain came pouring down. You closed your eyes and rested your head against the window and listened. You opened your eyes again when there was a loud crash. You looked up and saw an older woman dressed in pink yelling at one of the waiters.

"WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! I DEMAND TO BE LET OFF THIS TRAIN!!!!" she yelled. You were startled at how loud she could yell. She turned and looked at you. "Look outside and you will see what I'm talking about," she said in a softer tone. You looked outside and saw a weird yellow and orange cloud coming towards the train. Your eyes widened in fear and curiosity. "SHE KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! SEE, I'M NOT CRAZY!!" The train shook and you fought for your balance. People began to murmur. The train kept speeding on and the shaking became too much. You had lost your nerve. There was to much noise. You looked out the window again and saw that the cloud was right on top of you.

"STOP THE TRAIN!!!" you yelled. No one seemed to notice. Suddenly the train derailed as it was engulfed by lightning. The train tumbled down into the ditch. You closed your eyes as you were thrown around the train. You attempted to cover your head or hold onto something. When everything stopped, you looked up. You were on the edge of the woods. You saw a fire in a few spaces and had no idea what to do, so you let instinct take over and you ran into the woods. You forgot everything that told you to go back and look for survivors, the injured, the dead, and ran. After running for about 10 minutes you stopped, leaned against a tree and took deep breaths. You were completely surrounded by trees, there was no visible way out. You were exhausted so you climbed up a tree and found a sturdy branch to sleep on. Having no idea of what just happened, and trying to comprehend why you instinctively ran to the woods, you slept.