Oasis

What? Am I really going to ride on a Camel?!

Oh my gosh! I always wanted to ride a Camel, at least once in my life time. If you are thinking why I didn't do that earlier then I would say that when ever I tried to ride it, I always used to end up scaring the shit out of me and used to stand alone crying while my friends used to ride on it happily.

In excitement I started jumping and hugged Arjun. I soon realized what I just did and looked up, he was wearing an expression of shock, confusion and obviously was blushing.

I quickly moved away from him and maintained a proper 1m distance between us, both looking in different directions. I realized that Rameshwar is still here and he was looking at us all this while. I started feeling my cheeks getting hot.

"Ok, help me out to get on this." I said to drop the topic.

Rameshwar smiled and helped me to to get on the back of the Camel. Then Arjun sat behind me, I could feel his chest on my back. That feeling was just way too weird.

Rameshwar made the Camel stood up. I was so scared that I started screaming , like I always do.

Arjun heard it and mocked me,"don't shout or you'll scare the shit out of him!!"

I made a face. Why is he always so...so... Irritating???

Then the Camel started walking, it was like riding a wave. The way it used to stoop down then again up, was exciting. I let out a scream every time when the Camel bend down a little. I feared that I am going to fall but surprisingly I didn't.

I asked Rameshwar, who was holding the rope to control the Camel," how old are you?"

"I am 50, princess." He said.

" really?? You don't look that old." Well he looked even more old than his real age.

Arjun gave me an terrifying look, guess he read my mind.

"What's your problem? You know that someone's brain is a very private place and you, Mr Arjun, are intruding my privacy!! " I complained

At this Arjun said," oh please, don't even try to think I am interested in reading your mind."

"Bloody idiot." I muttered

"And you are the most irritating girl I have ever met." Arjun said.

"You both look so good together" Rameshwar said with a chuckle.

My cheeks flushed.

" no we don't! " both, I and Arjun said together.

I looked at him, narrowing my eyes," I hate you."

"I hate you more!!" He scoffed with a smirk.

God, the sun was too hot. I really can't understand how Rameshwar could walk in under such a hot sun.

I soon felt my eyes getting heavy. And in no time I dozed off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arjun's POV

Sheena was sleeping. Her head was resting on my chest. She looked so adorable when she sleeps, with her eyes half open.

Rameshwar looked at me and said with a smile, "you like her, don't you??"

I started blushing, "I...I...I don't."

"Don't lie to me, son." He said, this time not looking at me.

"Well, I don't know. And even if I do, it will never be accepted by our people. But the only thing I know is that I have to protect her until she is ready to fight..." I cut off as I saw Sheena opening her eyes and yawning.

She looked at me and asked in a sleepy voice, "Are we there yet??"

"No, princess." I replied, this time politely.

I really don't want to be strict or arrogant with her but I have to.

"We are about reach." Said Rameshwar.

I could see the trees, we have reached the oasis.

After a few meters Rameshwar stopped the Camel.

Sheena's POV

Rameshwar made the Camel sit down. I gasped a little but didn't screamed this time, think I was feeling just way too sleepy to scream

Arjun got down and motioned me to come down. But I need someone's help.

He slowly placed his hand on my waist and pulled me down gently. My skin started burning where he touched. This guy gives me weird feelings.

When he placed me on the ground, I quickly moved away from him.

Rameshwar sat on the Camel and said, " It was an honor to meet you, princess." And bowed a little. I imitated him and said," thank you for giving us a ride. I will always remember you."

" its my job princess and your welcome." And by saying this He turned the Camel started walking away from us.

"Come on, we are getting late." Arjun said.

I looked at him and nodded.

He started walking towards the bushed and I followed him. He cut off some bushes to make way for us.

Across the bushes there was large lake, surrounded by long trees and bushes. The lake was crystal clear blue, making the scenery even more beautiful.

We reached at the mouth of the lake.

Arjun looked at me with a devilish smile and said,"Jump"

I was shocked. I looked at him with my eyes wide open. Did he just said I have to jump into this??

"What?? I can't. I don't even know how to swim for heaven's sake." I said almost angrily

"Don't worry. I'll help you, just take my hand." He said and extended his hand towards me with a smile.

What happened to him?? Boys are always weird. For the last two days he was treating me like crap and now he is sweet talking to me.

I first looked at his hand and then to his face. He had a pleading looking on his face. Slowly I extended my hand too and placed it in his hand.

He smiled and pulled me towards him so that my face could hit his rock hard chest.

And then he jumped into the lake. I closed my eyes and was waiting for the water to hit me but it never did. Instead I felt air hitting the other half of my face. I clenched tighter to Arjun's chest. Then  thud sound came as Arjun's back hit something.

"Open your eyes princess." He said almost whispering.

I opened my eyes carefully. I saw I  am on top of Arjun, who lying on the bed of grass and was smiling.

I immediately got up from him and looked around. I was surrounded by green grass and flowers. In front of me was a castle, surrounded by numerous small houses.

"Where the hell are we?? I remember we jumped into that lake." I said shaking my head in disbelief.

"Welcome to Verena, princess." Arjun said extending his hands out.