Journey-2

Sheena's POV

Those people in black suit were marching towards us with big machine guns.

Shit! This is not happening, right?

Arjun took me by my hand and we tried to rush out of that place but we were too late. I felt something cold on my head. I realized it was the gun's muzzle on my head.

I slowly turned around, facing the gun man.

God is he going to kill me?

Others who were sitting there started screaming and running here and there. The other gun men caught Arjun and kneeled him down and put the gun on his head.

"W....What d..do you want?" I asked, stammering.

"The king wants to see you, please come with us." The gun man said, very politely, still holding that gun on my forehead. How could be a person be so polite while holding a gun on someone's forehead?

Arjun shouted," princess, don't listen to them. They are just obedient fools." At this the gun man punched Arjun straight on his face. Blood started running down from the corner of his lips.

"Bloody traitor" the gunman said

I really don't know why I felt so angry at that gun man's reaction. The same fire started blazing inside me.

Arjun again shouted, " Sheena!! Not here. There are people, you might hurt them. "

At this all the gun men started laughing.

I actually have this thing that when people laugh at me without any reason I get a little.... Crazy.

I slapped that gun man, which was holding gun on my forehead.

"Don't even try to laugh at me." I said coolly

I could see terror in all the gun men's eyes. And whom I slapped threw his gun and started crying," I can't get beaten up by a sixteen year old."

My mom was always right,'the stronger they look, the weaker they are'

I picked up that gun and placed its muzzle on his forehead and said, almost imitating him,"don't move and leave Arjun, please or I'll shoot."

He signaled his people and they loosened their grip from Arjun. He stood up and walked towards me.

Well, that was easy.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

What?? all this while I was trying to save him and he is behaving as if he has done everything.

Arrogant idiot.....

"What do you think??" I replied.

He rolled his eyes and took the car keys and ran towards the door.

I was still holding that gun on my hands. I think it's time to leave, but it was fun watching a bunch of 'grown up' kids crying like a three year kid going to his school for the first time.

Arjun shouted from outside," come we have to leave."

"Coming!!!" I shouted back.

I turned towards the coward gun men and said,"now be good boys and don't move. I'll be going somewhere so till I come, count to 1000."

They were shaking badly, they nodded and started counting.
1...2....3..

Giggled and ran out of the door.

Our car was standing right outside and Arjun was sitting in it. I ran towards it and opened its door.

As soon I sat, he started the engine and was driving at full speed.

God it was more horrifying than those gunmen...

Soon we reached out of that place and Arjun lowered the speed. Soon the car stopped. Arjun looked at me and we both started laughing our hearts out.

"Jeez those guys were idiots." I said, still laughing.

"Yeah I know, I had asked dad to replace those fools but he didn't." He said.

I stopped laughing. His dad has send people to kill me?

He also stopped laughing, realized what he just spoke. I threw a confused look to him.

"We are getting late, we should be get going." He said hastily, as if to hid something.

His face was tensed.

"What happened?? If their is anything you want to say..." I was about to say but he cut it off.

"It's none of your business. Now shut you mouth and let me drive." He said again coldly.

Arrogant Arjun is back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a day or so since we are on the road. Last night was quite, neither he talked nor I. I really don't understand why he is acting so weird, I haven't done anything.

I slept a very little last night. Probably due to the excitement that we are about reach our destination. To Verena.

Arjun is still driving. I must appreciate  that he is such a good driver. I mean he is driving for two days without any sleep.

I looked outside the window, the trees were replaced by cactus and the picturesque view of trees and mountains were replaced by sand and desert.

I was quite fed up of this journey. My back was aching badly, my legs were numb and I am very irritated with Arjun. When the hell we will reach?

"We are about to reach, just a few minutes more" he said out of the blue.

Oh, forgot that he could read minds.

He parked the car in front of the small hut and said," here you go princess, we have reached. Almost "

He got out of the car and got into that hut.

After few minutes he came out with an old man with beard and was wearing a colorful turban. It's actually a part of the culture in Rajasthan. He was dressed as a proper Rajasthani.

I got out of the car as they came near to me. Arjun introduced, " he is Rameshwar, he will take us to Verena."

"What?? We aren't there yet!! Oh come on, I am tired. I should have been school right now but guess what? I am here under this scorching sun with an arrogant but dumb person who want me to go deep into this hot desert." I shouted.

"You don't have to walk." Rameshwar said calmly.

"What do you mean??" I asked. "Are we going there by plane??"

"Not plane, by ship." Rameshwar said and vanished behind the hut. He came out with a Camel - the ship of the desert.