"Hi baby girl, can I help you?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm here for training, it's my first day."

The girl smiled and nodded. "I think I heard about you, you're Nadia's friend huh?"

I nodded. "Yeah, my name's Fallon, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Fallon, I'm Traci."

Traci stuck her hand out for me to shake, and I took it, shaking it and smiling at her.

She was a pretty girl, a dark chocolate shade with curly bundles and deep dimples.

"Welcome to Club Earth!"

Traci showed me around the club, where I put my belongings, where the different rooms were in the club, all the different bars, and VIP rooms, and I met my new coworkers.

Everyone seemed friendly and welcoming, but wasn't everyone when you first met them?

"Alright, we're about to open, so just let me touch up real quick, and then you're gonna shadow me tonight, and I'm gonna make sure you're good for your first real shift, okay?"

I nodded and went in my purse to see if anyone had texted me back.

The friends I had.

Two texts were on my screen, one from Nadia, one from August. I of course went to August's first.

Aight, good luck baby, be on your best behavior, you got this. Finesse these niggas out they money 🤑😍😘 - August 💘

I laughed and smiled as I thought of what to say back.

Thanks baby, I'm gonna call you when I get home, stay up please! Miss you 😘😩 - Fallon

I sent the message and went to the thread with Nadia.

I'm pulling up boo, wya? - Nadia 💕

In the dressing room with Traci - Fallon

"It's not forced, like it's not a rule, but you may wanna keep your phone in your purse, cause if you bring it out there and you're carrying bottles, you're not gonna have anywhere to put your phone, and if you leave it somewhere, you're outta there." Traci told me.

I nodded and put my phone back in my purse like she recommended.

"It's ten o'clock, you ready?"

I looked in the mirror and fluffed my curls and looked at the way I'd contoured my cheekbones before nodding and turning to Traci.

"Ready."

Fallon led me out onto the main floor and behind the bar. She showed me that they organized the bottles by color, brown and clear, and by the popularity. Most popular brands in the front, least hidden in the back.

"We always take a shot, to start the night. What's your poison?"

I looked at the bottles, and my eyes automatically went to the brown. August had done it to me.

"Do you guys have Hennessy?"

"Of course honey." Traci laughed and poured me out a shot.

She poured herself a shot of Jack and we clinked shot glasses before throwing them back.

I scrunched up my face so badly, oh God.

"You good?"

I smiled. "I'm great, show me what to do."