Level 02: Login

Offline:\Bayanihan Shopping Complex>

An hour after the commercial launch, Orion, five of his co-developers, and his children gathered in a fast food restaurant. The white-haired father took everyone’s orders and went to the counter to buy their chosen meal. While waiting for their order, Iris vent out her rage to Henry,

“Oh-em-gee! Look at daddy; he didn’t bother to clean out his hair dye! What is he thinking anyway?”

“Sis, you got to understand papa. He is doing that for business, to appease potential players” Henry rebutted at his sister.

“Oh c’mon, the game’s press launch is done, Henry!”

Henry sighed and he saw their father calling them by hand signs. He immediately approached his father and helped him deliver trays of food to their table. Their trays consisted of 7 packs of french fries, three plates of fried chicken with baked lasagnas, five quarter-pounder cheeseburgers, and 7 assorted soft drinks in medium cups.

Offline:\Sinagtala Relocation Site\Mang Mario’s Internet Cafe>

Ren approached Mang Mario, the computer cafe owner, and he bade,

“I won’t extend it anymore, but the game’s so nice at the start!”

Mang Mario smiled at Ren and he asked the boy,

“Ren, do you want a copy of the game? I have fifty copies of it here on my box”

“Sure, why not!” Ren simply answered.

The computer cafe owner went behind the counter and then gave a NOAH game disc to Ren. The stubby bearded computer cafe owner warned,

“Ren, don’t forget to logout your account there! There might be mischievous peeps who hijack avatars!”

The boy went to his cubicle and promptly logged out from the game. He went back to the owner and thanked him,

“Mang Mario, I’m leaving, and thanks for the game!”

Ren left Mang Mario’s computer cafe fulfilled by his curiosity about the game Butchoy told him. While walking home, Ren glanced at the back cover of the game’s disc, and read the specifications required for his computer at home.

NOAH required a post-Wyngdyz XP operating system, a cable or DSL internet connection, a three gigabyte RAM, eight gigabytes of hard drive space, an Ether Quintel 4 at one gigahertz, and a DX09-compatible sound card.

“I hope my computer’s specs will be able to match theirs, or at least perform better” Ren thought to himself after reading the required system specifications.

At home, he went to his room and opened his desktop computer. His computer took five minutes to fully start up towards his Wyngdyz XP desktop. He excitedly inserted his NOAH game disc to his computer’s DVD drive. All of a sudden, NOAH’s splash screen appeared over his desktop window, with a long-haired semi-realistic adult human, wearing a space marine armor, showing the buttons. The options are ‘Game Install’, ‘System Test’, ‘Game Help and Lore’, and ‘Exit’. Ren is doubtful about his computer’s specs. As a result, he clicked the ‘System Test’ button. Upon clicking, his DVD drive made a smooth, whirring noise. His system unit’s hard disk drive light indicator flickered fast, and Ren smiled, with excitement overflowed through his face.

A dialog box appeared over the screen and displayed, ‘We will now commence a system test on your system’. Ren simply clicked [OK], then the system test program is loaded.

Meanwhile at the Jolly GreenMacs, Bayanihan shopping complex branch...

Offline:\Bayanihan Shopping Complex>