Chapter 8

"You're free to go miss, just take the pain medication when it gets bad because it'll take a few weeks for the broken ribs to heal" The doctor smiled at me as he finished bandaging me up.

I nodded my head and slightly smiled struggling to stand up. Nate wrapped his arm around me stabilizing me as I did. 

We walked out of the hospital and started walking home together. We pulled me down a street that was the opposite of where my house was.

"Nate, it's that way" I said pointing in the other direction.

"You're not going back there Kathy" He said looking straight ahead in focus. 

"What? That's my house, where am I going to go?" 

"You can stay with me" He said nonchalantly. 

I stopped walking and he turned in confusion to look at me. 

"I have a brother to look after too, I can't just drop everything and live with you." 

"He can come too" He said taking my hands in his.

I stood there in disbelief. No one has ever cared this much about me. I don't know how to react to it. 

"We can't" I said shaking my head and staring into those perfect eyes of his.

"Why not?" 

"Because what if my parents find out, and all of my stuff is there, I can't just pick up and leave without them noticing." 

"We'll wait till they're gone and get your stuff, for now you can wear my clothes."  

I stood there in shock. He was doing all of this and I barely even knew him. I've never experienced someone caring about my well being so much. I've never experienced someone being so selfless. 

He gave me a reassuring look that everything would work out. 

"I'm not letting you say no" He smiled showing those perfect dimples of his. 

I smiled back at him and he leaned in softly connecting our lips. It was a short and sweet one but it meant so much to me. 

We continued walking until we came to a tall apartment complex. He swiped his card in the entrance and the door opened for us. He lead the way never letting go of my hand. 

We took the elevator up to the 5th floor and walked down the long hallway until we got to apartment 5D. 

His apartment was surprisingly really nice and clean. Although I was immediately hit with the smell of weed... which I wasn't upset about. 

"This is really nice" I said looking around the living room. 

"Thanks" He said going into the bedroom and coming back out with a joint. 

He held it up and raised his eyebrows silently asking if I wanted to smoke it. 

I nodded my head excitedly and smiled back as I sat on the couch. 

He came over and sat next to me as he lit the joint and inhaled deeply. I sat there admiring his perfect face and how hott he looks as he exhaled the smoke. He passed the joint over to me and I took a few hits, letting go of all the stress and pain I felt earlier. We sat there cuddling on the couch at 3 in the morning smoking together in silence. 

Once we finished the joint he put it out and threw it in the ash tray. 

"Are you tired?" He asked as I could barely keep my eyes open. I nodded my head and he smiled down at me. 

"Come on" He said nodding his head towards the bedroom. I turned my head and stared at how far away it was from the couch. 

"I'll just sleep here" I said closing my eyes.

I heard him chuckle and then felt his arms wrap around my small body and pick me up. He brought me to the bedroom and set me down on the bed. I heard him open and close a few drawers as I rested my eyes. 

"Here sit up and put these on so you're more comfortable" 

"I could never be more comfortable than I am right now" I said tiredly as my high really kicked in. 

"Babe come on I promise you will be." 

God the feeling in my stomach when he called me that was indescribable. 

"I like when you call me that" I giggled as I finally sat up with all of my strength. 

"I like calling you that" He said back to me as he handed me a big tshirt and some sweatpants. He turned around and walked back over to his dresser as I stripped out of my clothes careful not to disturb the bandages all over my body. He turned around and I felt his eyes on me but I was so high I didn't even care about changing in front of him.

"You're a tease" He smiled from across the room. 

"Sorry I'm too lazy to go into the bathroom" I said finishing clothing myself and laying back in the bed.

He climbed over me and stopped as he hovered above me. I started giggling due to my high. 

"You're cute" He smiled down at me as his eyes were bloodshot and squinted like mine. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, then my nose and then connected our lips. 

I couldn't help but smile into the kiss as our lips moved together. He just made everything better.