Chapter 2

Two days later I'm back in my park. This time it was empty and I enjoyed the darkness and peaceful serenity. I finished my blunt and put my head in my hands closing my eyes enjoying the numbing feeling and breathing deeply the fall air around me. Secretly wishing I could get away. Go anywhere but here. Away from my awful excuse for parents. Have a chance to follow my dreams. Travel. Fall in love. Live a normal life for once.

Thoughts roamed my head but I didn't mind being alone with my thoughts. I usually just smoke here and go back home but it feels nice to just sit here and enjoy my high. I lifted my head and jumped when I saw a person sitting right next to me on the bench.

"Uhm.... " I said waiting for an explanation of what he was doing.

He didn't answer just brought his own blunt to his plump lips and inhaled as I watched the end of it light up his face in the process.

He was attractive. Something about him was haunting though. His black hoodie rested on the top of his head but you could see his curly brown hair escape it and fall in his face. His dimples came out every time he took another hit. I sat there admiring him but was snapped out of my thoughts when he looked over at me and our eyes met.

His look wasn't quite angry but it wasn't inviting either. He stared at me as if he was waiting for me to say something.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Smoking" He mumbled turning his head away from me.

"There's about 45 other benches out here and you had to chose the one I'm sitting on?" I asked with attitude wondering why he was so strange.

He shrugged taking another hit of his blunt and exhaling the smoke.

"I wanted to sit on this one... that a problem?" He turned his head looking at me with those dark eyes of his.

To be honest he sort of terrified me but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Whatever" I said standing up to go back home

"Where you goin?"

"Home"

"Want a hit?" He asked extending his arm towards me with the blunt loosely in his fingers.

I stood there contemplating if smoking this random strangers weed was a good idea. Probably not the most rational thing to do but I decided to sit back down and take the blunt from his hand.

For some reason this kid intrigued me. I want to know more about him. He had a way about him that was almost scary but at the same time I felt safe.

We passed the blunt between us until it was gone. Not one more word was said between us. It was the most comfortable silence I had ever experienced. I wondered why though. Smoking with a complete stranger, and a mysterious one at that, shouldn't be as comfortable as this was.

We sat there enjoying the high in our own worlds. Before I knew it he stood up grabbed his phone and walked away without a single word.

I sat there in shock. He didn't even say goodbye. I don't even know his name. I want to see him again... I need to see him again. I need to find out more about him.

------------------------------------------

A/N: Yassss omg im so excited for this book! Vote and comment if you are too! <3