Chapter 3

I returned to the park every night for the past week in hopes of seeing him again. I just need to know his name. He was the most intriguing person I have ever seen.

How could someone just get up and leave without a word, like isn't it common behavior to at least say goodbye?

I scrolled though my phone bored out of my mind when suddenly my door swung open and my mother stood there.

"Go clean the kitchen now" She said through her teeth.

"No" I said nonchalantly back.

"What did you just say to me?"

"I said no, you go clean it. I haven't used the kitchen in 3 years"

She swooped into my room and grabbed me by the hair.

"You little brat, have some respect and go clean the fucking kitchen!" She yelled as she dragged me by the hair.

"Fuckkkk! Let go of my hair!" I yelled back in pain.

She dragged me down the stairs as I quickened my pace to try and relieve the pain in my head.

She whipped me into the kitchen making me fall to the ground.

"Watch your mouth bitch. This better be clean when I get home."

I sat there with tears in my eyes as she left slamming the door behind her. I broke down on the kitchen floor. I rarely cry. I've gotten so used to being treated like this. This has been occurring for as long as I can remember. For some reason everything just seems like too much right now. I let it all out.

As I sobbed on the floor I heard a door slowly creek open and small footsteps coming carefully down the steps.

"Kathy?" I heard the soft voice of my brother.

"Jared go back up to your room please" I sniffed back tears.

"Are you crying?" He asked.

"No I'm fine okay bud? Just go back to your room" I said making sure my voice didn't crack.

He didn't say another word just skeptically went back up to his room.

I can't ever let him see me weak. I'm his rock and if he sees me broken he won't have anything to hope for.

Luckily my parents have never touched Jared. They take all their anger out on me. Which I don't mind. I don't know what I would do if they hurt him. I'm okay with taking all the hits if he's safe.

I peeled myself up off the floor and started cleaning the disgusting kitchen that my parents have let go. Stains on all of the counters, a sink full of dirty dishes, sticky alcohol spills and empty bottles strooned everywhere. Not to even mention the repulsive floor and overflowing trash barrel.

It disgusts me that I live in a house in this condition. It looks like a bunch of animals have been living here.

I got the cleaning supplies and got to work thinking about escaping reality. Getting on a flight and leaving everything. Taking Jared with me and running away.

I couldn't though. I have no money, no job, no car. So many limitations that I don't think I'll ever break through.

Three hours later and I'm still cleaning when suddenly I feel a tight grip around my arm and I'm being whipped around faced with a drunken and angry man. My fathers bloodshot and droopy eyes looked at me with anger.

"What do you think you're doing in here?" He slurred.

"Mom asked me to clean"

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY KICTHEN!" He tightened his grip so hard I winced in pain and he shoved me towards the stairs making me fall yet again.

"Go!" He yelled pushing me with his foot.

I got up quickly and ran up the stairs scared of what he might do if I protested any longer. I know my mom will be livid that I didn't finish the kitchen but I would rather deal with her than my father when they get aggressive.

I closed and locked my door and slid down the door onto the floor putting my head in my hands.

I heard clanking of bottles downstairs meaning my father was drinking even more and I shivered at the thought.

Footsteps were heard suddenly and I knew my mom was home.

"Jake what the fuck are you doing?!" she raised her voice.

Here we go. I heard their arguments for about 10 minutes when I heard something that made me shoot my head up.

"Where is that little bitch I told her to clean this mess!"

I walked away from the door and prepared for her wrath.

"Kathy!" She yelled as she opened the door.

"What did I tell you?!"

"I tried, but dad-"

I was cut off by a slap in my face. I held my cheek in pain as my eyes started watering.

"You'll be cleaning the whole house tomorrow because you wanted to disobey me"

I stood there quietly.

"UNDERSTOOD!?" she screamed in my face making me jump.

"Yes" I said weakly as she slammed my door and stomped downstairs.

I have to get out of here.

I grabbed my bag, locked Jared's door and snuck out the bathroom window making my way to the park.

This time wasn't for him. This time was for me. I haven't had a day like this in a long time. I thought things were actually getting better with them but looks like I was wrong.

I flicked my lighter and inhaled deeply letting the smoke fill my lungs. The park was empty and I was kind of happy being that I needed to be alone right now.

I finished my weed and felt the numbness kick in. I laid back on the bench and looked up at the stars.

I sat there for what felt like hours and decided it was time to go back to that hell hole I call home.

I sat up and my eyes connected with his figure sitting on the bench a few yards away. All I could see was the end of his blunt lighting up as he took a hit. I sat there admiring him even though I could barely see him, memories of his face flashed into my mind from that one night.

I was interrupted by my thoughts when he stood up and turned to leave.

"Wait!" I was shocked at my own actions of saying something.

He stopped walking and turned around and stared at me. I stood up hesitantly and slowly walked over to him. Once I got closer to him his face came into view under his black hoodie. I just stood there staring at him.

"I need to know your name" I said again shocking myself at my own words. My high was taking control of my body right now.

He stood there staring at me and I tried to read his face but it was impossible. After a few minutes of silence a small smirk appeared on his face for the first time I've seen.

"Nate" He said turning around and leaving not giving me a chance to say anything else. I turned around to make my way home confused as to what just went down yet again. Thoughts roamed my mind and I had a weird feeling in my stomach.

Nate.

---------------------------

A/N: yayyyy its nateeee :) This story is just getting started i can't wait to write what i have planned for it! Vote and comment babes ily<3