Chapter 4

I laid in bed that night just thinking about him. I couldn't get him off my mind. Nate. I wanted to know everything about him. I couldn't even tell you why. I mean yeah he's attractive but that's not even it. I just want to know his story.

The fact that we both go to the same spot to do the same thing just makes me feel some type of connection to him.

I woke up the next morning to my alarm ringing not even realizing I fell asleep. I got up and showered in my own personal bathroom getting dressed into some leggings and a hoodie after.

I walked into Jared's room and slowly nudged him to wake up. His eyes fluttered open.

"Hey bud, time to wake up for school" I said.

He nodded his head and sat up rubbing his tired eyes.

"Get dressed and we'll stop for breakfast on the way okay?"

"Okay"he responded as I went back into my room to brush through my wet hair.

Once he was finished he came into my room and sat on my bed as I threw my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my glasses.

"Ready?"I asked and he nodded his head.

"You have your homework and all your stuff for this weekend right?" He was planning on staying at his best friends house for the weekend. I try and get him out of our house as much as possible usually giving the parents an excuse like our parents won't be home or we will all be working just to avoid any supsicion.

"Yupp"He nodded his head and I opened my door telling him to head downstairs to leave for school.

I walked him to school every day in the morning because my parents would never remember to drive him.

"Want dunkin donuts?" I asked and he shook his head eagerly. I chuckled at him and bought him some munchkins and an apple juice that we ate on our walk to school.

"Have a good day today and have fun this weekend okay?" I said kneeling down to get to his level.

"I will. I'll miss you Kathy" He said throwing his arms around me into an embrace.

"I'll miss you more buddy! I'll come pick you up on sunday from Eric's house okay?"

He nodded his head and I kissed his forehead slightly pushing him towards the doors of the school.

Once he entered I turned around to walk home.

+

The sun set and I've been cleaning the entire house due to my mothers request. Everything was spotless and I went up to shower to get the gross dust and grime off of my body. Once I was finished I walked back into my room and laid back on my bed letting out a heavy sigh.

I looked over at my clock to see that it was almost time to go to thepark. I hoped Nate would be there again. Maybe this time I'll actually have a conversation with him.

I let my hair down in it's natural waves and threw some light makeup on surprising myself that I actually cared enough to do that.

His face came into view under the moonlight as he sat down next to me without a word. I looked back to the front not making eye contact with him. The butterflies that erupted in my stomach was something I've never felt before.

I heard the flick of the lighter and his deep inhale still looking forward.

"How'd you find this place?" I asked. He didn't respond and I hoped I didn't just scare him away. I mean he is known for just getting up and leaving without an explanation.

I turned my head and looked at him but he was already staring at me.

"What's your name?" He answered my question with another question.

"Kathy"I said quietly not knowing where my voice was but feeling a strong lump in my throat.

He reached up and took his hood off his head and looked around the park.

"Just stumbled upon it one night" He finally answered my question.

I nodded my head and looked away getting a little uncomfortable with the way he could just keep eye contact with me for such a long period of time.

"What brings you out here so often?" He asked surprising me since this was the first time he tried to converse with me.

"Fucked up home life" I responded shortly not wanting to go into details. I mean he is still a stranger.

"You?"I asked looking back at him.

He chuckled at me slightly and shook his head.

"You don't wanna know" he stood up and gathered his things turning to leave.

"Do you not believe in saying bye?" I blurted back at him as I still sat on the bench. He stopped and turned around to face me.

"Why say goodbye when I plan on seeing you again?"

His response made me think. I was not expecting him to respond like that. I was left speechless.

"See you tomorrow Kathy" He said with a smirk and turned to walk away into the darkness.

I smiled to myself and felt the butterflies again. For the first time in my life I felt like I actually had a date. I got up and headed back home to get a good nights sleep.

-------------------------------------

A/N: The font is fucked up and idk how to change it so sowwyyy!