Chapter 11

I opened my eyes not even realizing that I had fallen asleep so I could look around the dark room. I was unsure as to why I had awoken seeing as the room was empty and silent. I quickly sat up frantically looking around for Camila who was nowhere to be found. I threw my legs over the side of the bed my whole body aching, especially my face which was extremely sore. I tried to stand up but my leg instantly gave out causing my body to fall to the floor. I laid on the ground closing my eyes and forcing myself to not cry and my cheek pressed against the cold floor. I heard the door open but I didn't open my eyes out of fear that Cody would yell at me again.

"Riley, right?" I opened my eyes and stared up at a tall boy who was standing over me his brown hair styled similar to Cody's but this boy looked nicer and almost gentler than Cody does. I nodded in response and he reached down to help me up. His grip was tighter on me than Cody's most likely because he probably didn't know I couldn't possibly escape. With his help I was balancing on my one leg and leaning into his side. He started to walk and I tried to hop along next to him but as soon as he noticed I couldn't walk he stopped and loosened his grip on me. "You can't walk can you?" He asked and I looked down at the ground feeling a sense of uselessness.

"No." I whispered not knowing how I should feel about him. He was most likely one of Cody's helpers and would be a main one killing me tomorrow.

"Oh, sorry for making you walk." He responded and before I could say anything or even do anything he picked me up bridal style my legs dangling over his arms that were wrapped around my small body.

"Who are you?" I asked wondering if this was going to be my way out or if he was one of Cody's helpers.

"I'm Wes, a friend of Cody's." He said as we walked down the steps and I felt my heart shatter realizing that he wasn't helping me, but would be helping to kill me tomorrow. He walked down a hallway that I had never been down before or even knew that it existed. He stopped in front of one of the doors as I listened to what I assumed was Camila crying. The door was instantly ripped open causing me to jump slightly because the way that Cody had opened the door was terrifying in itself. I watched as he led Camila out her eyes red and bloodshot from crying. She made eye contact with me and slowly started to shake her head the tears falling down her cheeks faster as she saw me. Wes carried me into the room as Cody led Camila back upstairs to our room. I was sat down in a chair and my hands were quickly tied to the armrests as if it was his first instinct to tie me up, and it most likely was. He picked up one of the iphones from the middle of the table and opened it so he could turn it on.

"Am I going home?" I asked hopefully only for Wes to quickly shake his head as the phone powered on the home screen being displayed on the screen.

"No, but you can call your mom one last time before tomorrow." He said and I somberly looked at the phone which I had once thought would be my way out. "Now, when you are on the phone with her you will have some rules set in place. You cannot tell her our names, where you are, or about the switch. You can tell her you love her and all that but do not get into specifics about what happened to you, understand?"

"It's early morning, she won't be up right now." I said shaking my head as I started to panic because I wanted to talk to my mom more than anything.

"She will be, just tell me her number." He commanded and I quickly recited my mom's number from memory as Wes quickly typed the numbers into the phone before he put it on speaker and set it in front of me on the table. He crouched down next to me his eyes focussed on the phone as he waited. I listened to the sound of the phone each ring filling me with more dread. The rings stopped and I closed my eyes waiting to hear the answering machine and not my mom's voice.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed in the room making me open my eyes a few tears rushing down my face.

"Mom." I cried out my body shaking with sobs.