Chpt 29

My eyes were getting foggy, and the wind was not helping, it blasted my eyes and face like a hurricane, the treeline far behind me, and the school only a few feet away, the doors had been barricaded and I could see the many Nosferatu and death eaters alike blasting the great structures with all their combined power, sighing I let out almost a chuckle as I pushed past a giant who was pounding at the metal lined wood. “MOVE!!” I growled. My people literally ran back and after seeing them, others moved cautiously away. I stood in the dead centre of the doorway and pulled my solid wand out of the space allotted in my bodice. I flexed my arms and unleashed my mind and power on the structure, “Bombarda!” I shouted and unleashed all the pent up anger that had been building up since the evening Sirius had died, it was unnecessary to say that there was a lot.

The door creaked at first, the strain mental and physical but my fuel unending. And head throbbing as I re-lived all the pain and torment that had befallen me. The door suddenly buckled and tore off the hinges, and it was no longer a spell but pure mental output that threw the colossal doors through the hallway inside and crashing into the multitudes of suits of armour that had been swarming behind the barricade. They were crushed utterly; I sincerely hoped that none of my old friends were amongst the enchanted suits. Cheers went up behind me and I paused as I looked up onto the landing ahead and the solitary person standing there. “Robyn,” hearing his voice made me freeze but not for long enough to not avoid the curse that had been hurled towards me. I ducked only inches to my left and it missed. Remus was the man on the stairs and his voice carried to my sensitive ears, and even from one-hundred and thirty meters I could see the pain on his face and the fountain of tears. I couldn’t hurt someone I cared for so I ran; jumping and leaping over all the crumbled stone and wood and metal. As I ran I became aware of the nature of that potion Snape had given me in the tower, the powdered dragon vertebrae had blocked the nodal responses of my telepathic cortex. In short I couldn’t send or receive until my blood burnt off the chemical.

“Minerva, we need to focus on the main doors, I can hear them coming in through the corridors.” I froze and pushed myself into the wall, crouching to hear the conversation.

“I realise that Pomona but in case you hadn’t noticed-” a lone death eater ran past me and I fortunately remained hidden as he was killed by the two women.

Smirking, knowing that there would be no chance of any more information from either of them. “Robyn?” Minerva looked like she had seen a ghost.

I said nothing but took a step and was bombarded with curses and jinxes that I reflected towards the walls and paintings on the walls. Again I ran and jetted around the corner just as those who had been behind me at the main doors burst into the corridor. I began to think I was clear and as I stood still for a moment I was knocked from behind and I flew through the air, smashing into the wall and dropping to the ground unconscious.