Chpt 24

It turned out that I had been correct in hiding my reaction because I could quite literally hear his train of thought across the whole breadth of the country. Horcruxes where all he could think about and as a consequence I was determined to find out what they were. I had definitely heard the term before and if I knew my Betrothed it definitely had something to do with immortality. But Voldemort had been careful; and it wasn’t until I looked into his mind (with great difficulty) did I catch a tid-bit of information. A Horcrux was a piece of his soul, something that; should he die, could allow him to carry on, and from what I could gather Voldemort had seven of them. One must have been given to Bella, who would have been completely unaware of what it actually was that the Dark lord was giving her, others must have been scattered by his movement about the country. Someone was taking them, and I could only presume that they were also destroying them from the frantic despair that was being transmitted like a radio wave into my head; I could only presume that it was Harry.

I was in the dining room when I heard him ushered along by Lucius, it was strange that I had not felt him draw closer. He turned me around from where I was facing the fire and bid that everyone leave in his usual high tone. “You are dismissed,” he told Bellatrix for the second time and she scuttled out of the room. He sat down in his illustrious chair and gestured for me to kneel before him, I hesitated only a second before his will compelled me to comply. “I am being tested Robyn, and I believe that it is time for me to finally eradicate Potter.” He paused and looked down as if awaiting my opinion. “Voldemort…” He looked furiously down, “My lord,” I corrected dryly, “I was under the impression that he was evading us.”

“He is you-”He paused and his voice became sickeningly tolerate, “…My dear; but I know where he goes next, there is however something that must be done before that. ” He pulled a knife from the air and I recognized it by the cruel jagged edge, I looked down at my wrist and realised at the same time that the wraith band had been missing for a long time now.  He must have seen me looking at my hand because he rolled his eyes and shook his head, continuing in his high voice; “I took that trinket from you weeks ago, that aside, I need you to do something.”

“My lord?” Voldemort was not one to ask anything.

“Marry me.” I now comprehended the knife, he knew as well as I that the marital process of Nosferatu was a blood exchange, and he knew that a simple wound would heal too quickly for what would be needed.

Standing he pulled me to my feet, I swayed at the enormity of what was about to happen. One of my worst nightmares became reality. He brought the knife down to my throat and plunged it into the carotid artery in my neck, I slumped and he drew the blade out; taking my weight and placing his mouth around the gaping wound. He would drink from me until there was only a drop left, and then we would be married; not very romantic a ceremony, but it was sufficient to tie our fates, making him effectively immortal. The fluid was drawn out of my body slowly and I could feel every drop. If I had had a heart it would have pounded, and I would have been gasping for air, struggling to breathe. Instead there was silence, I was aroused; and greatly so, but couldn’t make a sound, neither was Voldemort uttering a sound, but he was intent on sucking every ounce of blood out of me. It must have looked twisted, and even to me it seemed ironic that the human was drinking the life out of a Nosferatu; rather than the other way around. My vision was staring to fade, and I could feel as Voldemort became more and more aroused, drinking with all possible haste, and more vigour than a human normally would.

It was said that my kindred’s blood was considered addictive to humans and it was certainly proving to become increasingly hard to control the rate at which he was syphoning blood. He came closer to drinking me dry, something that would not be fatal but would definitely take me a while to recover from, when I had to tear his mouth away from my flesh. His body trembling similarly to mine and breathing heavily he dropped me and sat down heavily, for the time it took for me to regain strength we sat in silence, once I could lift my head however; he whispered, “And now it’s done?” He was unsure as to the simplicity, his emotions rattling painfully in my head, all the connections we had, had been strengthened and the clarity was more than a little daunting. “It’s done,” I managed, barely opening my mouth; my claws clattering along the floor as I sat up, to face my husband leaving inlets where droplets of blood pooled in the flooring.

“Then we go.” He stood flexing his shoulders.

“Where to?”

“Hogwarts.”